Commonly encountered variants (and fixings on these examples):
1. 45.6mm x 20.2mm – copper loops
2. 39.9mm x 17.5mm – brass plate round lugs
3. 37.3mm x 17.8mm – hexagonal brass lugs, un-linked letter tops
4. 34.2mm x 14mm – hexagonal brass lugs
5. 32mm x 13.5mm – copper loops
Most found variously with copper loops or brass lugs, including (occasionally) ‘theatre made’ cast integral brass lugs.
‘ASC’ titles were obsolete by 1919 when the corps was granted the ‘Royal’ prefix in recognition of service in the Great War; the title change was approved by the King in late December 1918. New ‘RASC’ titles would be in use after this change. The Army Veterinary Corps was granted the ‘Royal’ prefix at the same time.
2 thoughts on “Army Service Corps Shoulder Titles ‘A.S.C.’”
Hi we have a few badges and wanted some advice please canadian jellalabad Royal Sussex asc
Hi there, best to join and ask on the forum (left hand link on the 2nd menu bar above)