British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-09-09, 01:32 PM

Default Commando museum Spean bridge

Thought i'd attach a picture of some of the badges at on display at the Commando Museum at the Spean Bridge Hotel. i have more which i'll post soon.

i've also attached a presentation piece at the Hotel, i have been tasked at work (24 Commando Engineer Regiment) to come up with a presentation piece (to be framed) covering the WW2 Commando training (6 weeks) and the course as it is today, with lots of pictures. it will have a 2nd pattern F&S (we cant afford a 1st pattern) and a modern version issued for Afghan. i plan to included the modern issued badges and the WW2 versions. i have the following/can buy WW2 Combined Operations printed, tombstone & woven. i've also a 1943 S/T red writing on blue No6 Commando. has anyone available/know a good dealer for the following badges: 1944 Commando Trained badge (red fighting knife on blue) and also any pre 1943 S/T. so i can show how the badges have evolved over the years. also any WW2 pictures which can be scanned. i have the link to the Commando Vets.

all help is greatly appreciated and i look forward to posting the end result, my dead line is end of Oct. wish me luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg badges.jpg (51.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg regt frame.jpg (62.5 KB, 81 views)
Old 08-09-09, 05:38 PM

Have you tried the Once a Marine Forum? Talk to Yorky or Nutty and their mob will help out I'm sure.

http://civviestreet.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Tom
Old 13-09-09, 07:22 PM

Default Commando museum Spean bridge

Hi Tedward

I have been to the museum where these pictures were taken and always wondered if they were real.. You would imagine they would be as its the museum of the ARMY Commando. Thats one subject i do know my history on so if you need any advice on that give me a PM.

Regain Rob

Tags
spean