British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-12-08, 07:37 PM

Default The Homefront Collection in Edmonton Alberta

Hi Everyone, while in Edmonton over the weekend, I took some time to visit with Allan Kerr of Milarm. Milarm is a firearms store in Edmonton, with a twist!

The twist being the second floor of the store is a dedicated military museum.

To say the least if you haven't been there it's simply overwhelming.

Speaking with Allan, part of his collection has been featured on the website linked below, items showcased are just a glimpse of what is in the museum.

http://www.albertasource.ca/homefront/index.html

I took some pictures while there, and will upload them shortly to give a better overview of the collection.

Guests are always welcomed to visit, but best to make sure that Allan will be there to give you a better tour.

Jaime
Old 08-12-08, 10:51 PM

I've known Allan for about 30 years and can echo Jamies statement that a visit to his museum is a MUST SEE for a Canadian military collector if you are in Edmonton. Alot of one of a kind items spanning a large part of Canada's military history are on display plus getting a chance to talk with Al is a bonus. He also has a large selection of guns and military equipment for sale...
Old 10-12-08, 12:27 PM

G'day Canada,

I sincerely concur with the comments about Alan Kerr and his shop Milarm. I dealt with him there in his old shop in the early 70's. He was a pretty decent bloke. I must say, though, that last time I was there he was a bit hesitant to send an unaccompanied firearm overseas. It is nice to hear that his museum has continued to grow.

Donny B.
Old 10-12-08, 06:59 PM

Absolutely agree. Alan Kerr is a collector's collector, and a real gentleman. Certainly a wealth of knowledge. While on vacation (early 70's) in Edmonton, specifically to visit the then site of the Canadian Airborne Forces Headquarters, Training Depot and Museum (most impressive), CFB Edmonton, met Alan Kerr at his relatively new store. He and his family extended a most gracious Canadian welcome and every hospitality to my entire family. Subsequently had the opportunity to reciprocate at our home in Southern California, while he and his family were on holiday.

Last edited by Arnhemjim; 10-12-08 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Additional data