British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-06-08, 06:16 PM

Default William Scully Originals

Hi everyone, The name William Scully is known to all canadian collectors and have been in the business of supplying the Canadian military since 1877, starting in Toronto and then moving to Montreal in 1908. They also took over the J.R. Gaunt canadian operation in 1984. Sadly, the company is not the main supplier to the Canadian Forces anymore, almost everything is sub-contracted somewhere else nowadays.
I have included a link to the Scully's archives to show the originals drawings of most of the badges, collars and titles that the company made in the "good old days". Maybe some already know about this but for those who don't and for our british friends and fellow collectors, this is it.
Regards
Jo
http://www.williamscully.ca/gallery/...ntal_badge_art

PS: maybe our Brit friends can tell if something like this exists on their side.
Old 16-06-08, 11:00 PM

This is quite a good site. I have spent many hours there looking about. The people at Scully are quite nice to deal with. When I was creating my website, I asked for permission to use the line drawings of the Irish Regiment of Canada insignia. They gave me a very rapid affirmative reply. The also have a link to my site with in theirs. As well I have a link to their site.

Thanks for bringing the Scully site back into my mind.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
Old 17-06-08, 08:26 AM
Badge Guru

Fantastic reasource! Brilliant! Thank you for posting.

Sadly we dont have anything in the UK like this on the internet, but I wish we did. I dont think any of the UK's badge manufacturers could see how they could make any money out of doing the same. You are very lucky in Canada to have such a charitable government and organisations that respect military history. The only sites we have are those set up by enthusiasts like this one.