British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-02-12, 10:10 AM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Default MBA status

Hi gentlemen,

I have been accused of using my " magic soldering iron " ? as a means of being able to say what I like on the open Forum and get away with it while another " chap " using PM's, was banned.

At first, I thought this was just a funny remark and laughed it off but the more I thought about it, the more I thought ( my opinion ), that he was actually being quite dis-respectful and deflamatory to the members who have used my limited experience in the past.

Consequently, I would like my status returned to ' member ' the same as everyone else and I will no longer be repairing badges, those of course that I have already promised to do, I will.

No more cold shed

Dave.

Last edited by davec2; 15-11-15 at 12:55 PM.
Old 19-02-12, 10:40 AM

Dave

Shame, I have never used your services but have seen several examples of your quality work which can only be described as "craftmanship". I am sorry that the cheap digs of a jealous ignoramus have led to you making this decision.

The community has lost a real asset

Regards

Paul

Never argue with an idiot they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 19-02-12, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Well, I can change 'Master Badge Artisan' to 'Member', but you're still the Master Badge Artisan
Old 19-02-12, 01:45 PM

Dave

Just as I was about to send you a small bag of broken ones, if I send you a heater as well would you reconsider

Paddy
Old 19-02-12, 03:16 PM

Well that's disappointing.

I have had recommendations from other Forum members that a couple of my badges ought to be sent to the Master for attention so I have been putting a little bundle together to make shipping a bit more worthwhile when I made my approach some time in the future.

Sad to hear that we have lost that service.

Donny B.
Old 19-02-12, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsman64 View Post
Dave

Shame, I have never used your services but have seen several examples of your quality work which can only be described as "craftmanship". I am sorry that the cheap digs of a jealous ignoramus have led to you making this decision.

The community has lost a real asset

Regards

Paul

Never argue with an idiot they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Dave,

I think you should reconsider considering the strength of feeling from the forum membership.

Alan
Old 19-02-12, 04:21 PM
Former Member

Here, here....

I could not agree more!

Well said Alan!

Andy
Old 19-02-12, 04:29 PM

Dave
I do hope you reconsider as I can only thank you for the badges you repaired for me returning them to great badges, I hope all the messages above make you feel appreciation for the work and time you give to our brocken badges.

Best wishes

Rob
Old 19-02-12, 04:54 PM

And Dave there's a SH*T load of brass here in Liverpool with your name on it.
Tony.
Old 19-02-12, 04:54 PM

Dave, I have never used your services since I live in Canada. Had I been living in England I would have done. However, I have seen numerous examples of your fine work displayed on the Forum and as one of your 'Friends' I also would urge you to reconsider repairing badges. The decision is yours, of course, but your skill is invaluable to those who have availed themselves of it. I guess I hadn't been paying enough attention lately to the alleged accusations to notice how annoying they were.

I do understand though that a cold shed during an English winter is not to be trifled with - unless there's a good bottle of Scotch to keep the chill from the bones.

David
Old 19-02-12, 05:17 PM

Dave, as you'll know, I too have never used your services, but if I needed a badge fixed you'd be the one I'd have been pestering. You have a great reputation as an artisan. Please take no heed of the comments of some bitter knob. I hope you reconsider, in a 'hobby' where there are hordes of charlatans trying to fleece us at every opportunity, not least a tailor of ill repute, it's nice to see a honest decent man who will help others for a modest fee and for the love of being good at what he does.
Mike
Old 19-02-12, 06:20 PM

Dave, I don’t know who has upset you but for what its worth, what’s wrong with being able to say what you feel on an open forum as long as it’s not offensive? You have the same rights as anyone to voice an opinion and if people don’t agree with what you say they are just as free to voice their own opinion are they not?

I doubt you would use your MBA status as a tool for anything considering how humble you are whenever praise is sent your way (which is sent on many, many occasions). If someone else has been banned for sending inappropriate pm’ s then that’s a matter for them. From what I’ve seen, voicing an unoffensive opinion doesn’t seem worthy of a ban and the two situations are entirely different and are not worthy of comparison.

As someone who has used your excellent badge repairing skills and has been on the receiving end of your generosity, I would be very saddened if you didn’t repair any more badges.
Ivan
Old 19-02-12, 06:30 PM

Dave

You have been honest, forthright and respectful in my experience and I am still amazed at the repair to the Inniskilling's badge.

We all say what we like on a forum and almost all of us, including you are respectful of others.

John
Old 19-02-12, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
..... but you're still the Master Badge Artisan
True, without any doubt and you can't change that.
Old 19-02-12, 06:56 PM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Dave,
I am truly shocked that someone - who should know better - has upset you in this way. I cannot recall you being disrespectful to anyone on this forum. I certainly have, to a specific individual who somehow managed to get lots of support. But then he doesn't repair badges, he makes them.
Your services will be sadly missed as I have always admired your skills - especially as I have tried it - without success....
You are still the MBA - even if it it a silent 'MBA'.
All the best and take care.
Rgds, David