British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Foreign Badges and Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-07-11, 09:05 PM

Default Monte Cassino Commemorative Bracelet

Hi

I found this Polish commemorative bracelet in Canada and am currently putting together all the formation and cap badges as depicted. I have been very successful up to now but I'm still looking for the three marked with a red cross.

If any member can help in any way I would be more than obliged.

Regards
Ray Smith
Attached Images
File Type: jpg polish-mc-750x750.jpg (75.7 KB, 53 views)
Old 20-07-11, 05:27 AM

Default Monte Cassino

The three you marked - L to R - are:
The fuselage and wing insignia of the Polish Air Force (carried in a miniature form on aircraft of Polish squadrons operating within the RAF)
6th (Lwowska) Polish Inf Bde
Combined Operations
I don't know where you would find a representation of the first, but genuine examples of the other two are still to be found. Polish insignia is heavily reproduced and since the Combined Operations sign has been in use for over 60 years it's not that easy to find/identify a WW2 example.
Old 20-07-11, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
The three you marked - L to R - are:
The fuselage and wing insignia of the Polish Air Force (carried in a miniature form on aircraft of Polish squadrons operating within the RAF)
6th (Lwowska) Polish Inf Bde
Combined Operations
I don't know where you would find a representation of the first, but genuine examples of the other two are still to be found. Polish insignia is heavily reproduced and since the Combined Operations sign has been in use for over 60 years it's not that easy to find/identify a WW2 example.
6th Polish Inf Bde

img179.jpg
Old 21-07-11, 09:55 PM

Hi Mike

Thank you very much for your help with this.

I've attached a picture of the collection for you to see. If you have the time would you be able to advise how I might validate these as genuine.

Much obliged.

Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1070375.jpg (67.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 22-07-11, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray smith View Post
Hi Mike

Thank you very much for your help with this.

I've attached a picture of the collection for you to see. If you have the time would you be able to advise how I might validate these as genuine.

Much obliged.

Ray
Ray,
I'm no expert of Polish insignia - your collection looks very much like mine. The two we both have which give me some concern are on the left the red griffin on white w/blue border (7 Polish Inf Bde) and on the right the upper example of the two examples of 5 Polish Inf Div (the bison). Both these signs look just too good to be true. The lower bison is in my opinion genuine. I think that Polish parachute insignia has to be treated with great circumspection. I believe that many of the WW2 Polish badges have been reproduced not so much for collectors as for veterans - which may account for the very high quality of some non-period pieces. Sorry to be so vague, but I'm sure that a true Polish expert will be out on the Forum somewhere.
Mike
Old 22-07-11, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Ray,
I'm no expert of Polish insignia - your collection looks very much like mine. The two we both have which give me some concern are on the left the red griffin on white w/blue border (7 Polish Inf Bde) and on the right the upper example of the two examples of 5 Polish Inf Div (the bison). Both these signs look just too good to be true. The lower bison is in my opinion genuine. I think that Polish parachute insignia has to be treated with great circumspection. I believe that many of the WW2 Polish badges have been reproduced not so much for collectors as for veterans - which may account for the very high quality of some non-period pieces. Sorry to be so vague, but I'm sure that a true Polish expert will be out on the Forum somewhere.
Mike
I can confirm that, I think.

I saw large numbers of Polish badges for sale in the foyer of a Polish veterans club in London about 20 years ago.
Old 22-07-11, 11:12 AM

Default 2 Polish Corps

I think that these are all authentic examples from 2 Polish Corps in Italy:
img187.jpgimg188.jpgimg189.jpgimg190.jpg
Old 22-07-11, 11:18 AM
peter616

Quote:
I think that these are all authentic examples from 2 Polish Corps in Italy:
Attachment 44531Attachment 44532Attachment 44533Attachment 44534
yes mike the badges are all good one nice combo

peter