British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 03-04-08, 06:48 PM

Default regiment de quebec

Hello fellow forum members... I recieved this badge today and am slightly unsure of what I have... it's almost identical to m126 le regiment de quebec in Mazeas 1920-50... however there is a slight difference with this badge... my badge is "filled in" under the scroll... right under the "de"... is this a legit variation... other than that concern I like the badge very much... opinions appreciated.. thanks
Old 03-04-08, 07:51 PM

Default M.126

I'd never noticed the discrepancy until reading your post, Jim. Looks like my Quebec badge is the same as yours - I wouldn't be surprised if they're all this way. I'd say you've got a legit & nice badge there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quebec2.jpg (72.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-04-08, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with Doug. The badge looks okay. It appears to be another striking of the badge. For some reason many of the or's badges to Le Régiment de Québec lack crispness and detail, as seen with this one.

Last edited by Bill A; 03-04-08 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 11:30 PM

Default bgpipes

Cmon guys, JimA. has the large Beaver,no buckle variety, while the other frostyvariety shown,has a smaller beaver and the buckled annulus.I would say it is an officers example,earlier,before buckles were removed from Cdn badges. Removal of buckles from Cdn badges effected the redesign of several other issues as well.
Old 04-04-08, 01:46 AM

Nice badge Jim. Doug, wow I've never even seen a Officers issue. Lovely!

Cheers guys!

Greg
Old 04-04-08, 02:50 AM

Wink

Sure, make me go through 5 boxes of badges to find mine! When I bought mine a couple of years ago from a reputable auction house, I thought they were maybe a bit less reputable, or at least overly optimistic for describing it's condition as EF. Now, seeing yours, I realize these badges all look like *&^%. By comparison mine really is EF, so I have to apologize for all those nasty thoughts I'd had about auctioneers.

It's the same re. the scroll fill and clunky looking leaves l & r of beaver (btw: does yours say "Made in Taiwan" on the back too? )

Other more pertinent, if picayune info is that this same filled scroll pattern is the one shown in Tripp's "Canada's Army in World War II" and, as far as I can tell, the badge he photographed and my sample are the same, including the little spur off the top left edge of the crown. All in all, the stamping on yours looks a bit sharper than mine's, and there is a slight difference (trim? wear?) on the bottom left-hand scroll tab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quebec.jpg (58.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-04-08, 04:28 AM

No... can;t find 'made in taiwan' anywhere... great badge you've got there... nice post.. fun to read... thanks again
Old 04-04-08, 04:31 AM

Doug thanks for posting your officers it's a great addition to the forums reference base... jim
Old 04-04-08, 02:54 PM

Note how the rifles are at the forefront in the OR issue but are tucked behind the leaves in the officers' version. Is this a social commentary?