A scroll eared escutcheon with vertically lined field. In the centre the heraldic badge of Queen Mary—a half Tudor rose and bound quiver of arrows. Beneath the escutcheon a scroll inscribed ‘Schola Regia Valsalliensis’
This example in silver with the maker’s mark ‘Vaughton Birm’ to the front. To the reverse two loops east-west.
Queen Mary’s Grammar School was accepted as a contingent of the Officers’ Training Corps on the 10th July 1908. The school did have a recognised cadet corps prior to this date. The strength on the 1st April 1911 was 4 officers and 136 cadets.