British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-09-09, 06:03 PM

Default GPR S/Sgt help needed

Hi all,in april I posted some glider pilot regiment items I had acquired,reading some old threads some one mentioned the GPR roll of honour if anyone has a copy could they check out my man S/Sgt L.T.Sanders 7373650 or give a link to this roll if online so I could check myself.Thanks in anticipation Roger
Old 15-09-09, 06:27 PM

There's a guy on ebay who has cd's with the RoH.
Old 15-09-09, 06:55 PM

The RoH also appears in the books, 'Lion with Blue Wings' and 'The History of The Glider Pilot Regiment'.

The RoH can be found online here:

http://www.totalsoldiers.org.uk/

Cheers

Kev C
Old 16-09-09, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the replies Luc and the link AAC GPR, very interesting I am writing to them to see if they have any information on Sanders as he survived ops on 6th of June, Varsity and the greece landing in october.Regards Roger
Old 16-09-09, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
I am writing to them to see if they have any information on Sanders as he survived ops on 6th of June, Varsity and the greece landing in october.Regards Roger
Hi Roger,

By "them" do you mean the Glider Pilot Association?.

If S/Sgt Sanders landed in Greece, then that places him in the 1st Independent Squadron, Glider Pilot Regiment at that stage of the war.

Cheers,

Kev C
Old 16-09-09, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the further information in his service and paybook under campaigns and service abroad it reads C.M.F 9 OCT 1944-15 OCT 1944 which I was told was a landing in greece.He was discharged for "ceasing to fulfil army physical requirements" para,390(XV1)R.R.1940 dated 4 oct 1945.Could this be from wounds recieved during operation varsity?All Questions I am trying to get answered,I wrote to the site AAC GPR gave the link to. I have part of a set of damaged photos showing where he landed in Normandy and a damaged photo of the Varsity landing site with his comments on the back. Regards Roger
Old 29-09-09, 08:34 AM

Hi, I have checked the GP roll of honour 6th edition, he is not listed in any of the casualty lists, cheers, Rick