British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Foreign Badges and Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-06-08, 04:07 PM

Default Any WW2 German Insignia experts

I have acquired some items brought back form the war by a guardsman, I have identified a number of the items from " Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich"by Brian Davis, but if anyone can give me any info on the red and the green arm bands and the copper coloured round item or indeed on any other items it would be much appreciated.

The belt is intersting as it has an Africakorps cuff title sewn to and a cloth badge,plus a mark where another badge has been attached at one time

The flag supposedly came from Yugoslavian partisans.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6918.jpg (87.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6923.jpg (72.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6928.jpg (65.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6930.jpg (61.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6932.jpg (62.0 KB, 51 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 25-06-08, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thfoot View Post
I have acquired some items brought back form the war by a guardsman, I have identified a number of the items from " Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich"by Brian Davis, but if anyone can give me any info on the red and the green arm bands
P.B.
I know hardly anything about Nazi items but I think you have a couple of "Civil Defence" type armbands.

The red one says something like "Obligatory Fire Brigade". I would guess that people were conscripted into it?

The green one is Nazi party (NSDAP) "Air Protection" which is probably something like ARP.

By the way, I think the two eagles could be Italian Alpini, both missing a numeral from the green disc? Unless that is something to do with wartime security.
Old 25-06-08, 04:43 PM

Many thanks

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 25-06-08, 10:50 PM
Banned

you have a nice lot of everything from NSKK SA ITALIAN luftshutz, and civilian
which the plaque is . I can give you details on all individually if you wish.

PAUL

THE RED ARMBAND is fireprotection helper
THE GREEN ARMBAND is air raid helper also someone who was not actually in the luftshutz but working with them
THE plaque is an organization of welfare workers .
Any items for sale ?

PAUL

Last edited by guest_000; 25-06-08 at 10:57 PM.
Old 26-06-08, 12:27 AM

Hi P.B. In the third photo you have a Luftwaffe OR's belt buckle with a San Marco Regt. patch. The San Marco are the "Marines" and they are part of the Italian Navy. (They are somewhat of an elite unit of the Italian Armed Forces). Probably picked up by an airman in Italy during WW2. The Afrika Korps cuff-title is a very desirable item. Good finds and good provenance.
Cheers
Jo
Old 26-06-08, 09:07 AM
Badge Guru

I think you`ll find those shoulder boards are Allgemeine SS and thus worth a lot.
Old 26-06-08, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba Jabba View Post
I think you`ll find those shoulder boards are Allgemeine SS and thus worth a lot.
similar but NSKK
Old 26-06-08, 06:03 PM

Re: The Iron Crosses. They should be of a two piece construction. The inside black section should be seperate from the outside silver section. Generally there is a little play between the two.

Cheers, Michael
Old 26-06-08, 06:49 PM
Banned

I don't think there is any doubt about the provinence of this vet lot apparently it is all sold anyhow.
Old 27-06-08, 06:17 AM

Thank you everyone for your help.

The items are not sold but I am talking to people in the order in which they contacted me to try and be fair.

Peter

Old 28-06-08, 03:08 AM

The ''AFRICAKORPS'' cuff title is in fact rather common, less desirable and certainly cheaper to purchase.

It was given to those that served in the Africakorps and was worn on the right sleeve.

I could be mistaken but I recall that the regulations were that it was only to be worn whist serving in the theatre of Africa and if not it was to be removed.

It is the ''AFRICA'' (with two stylised palm trees either side of Africa) cuff title that is moderately rare and desirable as this is a campaign award with the same distinction as the campaign medals and shields.

It was awarded to those that served in the North African campaign and was worn on the left sleeve as were the other campaign cuff titles: Kreta, Kurland and Metz.

Kr

Marcus
Old 28-06-08, 05:26 AM

Peter,

The Iron Crosses you have are both First Class; do you have any maker markings on the reverse?

With TR era crosses when and if they are marker marked that would be in the form of a number, sometimes with a prefix letter ''L'' before the numeral/s.

If you can take a close up of the obverse and reverse of each cross it should be possible to determine the makers if devoid of any maker markings.

Such of course has a bearing to the value of your individual crosses.

Here are some of mine showing the First Class on the left and the Second Class on the right which is court mounted with another medal, and then lastly the cross that surmounts the two is a Knights Cross.

Kr

Marcus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Juncker%20family.jpg (28.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 28-06-08, 09:08 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thfoot View Post
Thank you everyone for your help.

The items are not sold but I am talking to people in the order in which they contacted me to try and be fair.

Peter
I BET THE VULTURES are circling even on this little forum but still hope to hear from you on that one item for sure.
Old 19-06-09, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard-ri View Post
Re: The Iron Crosses. They should be of a two piece construction. The inside black section should be seperate from the outside silver section. Generally there is a little play between the two.

Cheers, Michael
Iron cross first class less the hardwear are 3 piece construction not 2.
mac
Old 13-07-09, 09:16 PM

Default SS Auxiliary Frontier Personnel

The sleeve band (cufftitle) "Grenz-Polizei" is an SS item of the SS-Hilfsgrenzangestellte (SS Auxiliary Frontier Personnel).

It was authorized for wear by members of the SS that were assigned to reinforce the border Customs Service between 1933 and the year it was disbanded, 1941. In 1937 operational control of the Grenz-Polizei came under the control of the Chief of Security Police. (SS)

Condition is worn, but worn tunic removed is desirable by many collectors and makes up for the damage somewhat with respect to price. Other factors to affect price can be length, how much its cut down (if at all) and whether it retains the RZM labels on the reverse. Research any available prices from TR dealers but I would estimate top price for excellent condition item possibly up to £1600.00 This one should be in the £800-1200.00 region, I would think. So if anyone offers you a couple of hundred you can tell them to take a walk

Last edited by Arwendur; 13-07-09 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added ball park price.