British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-11-11, 06:10 PM

Default Homecoming Parade

Working in Bath today and took time out to see 21 Signal Regt(Air Support) emerged from the service at the Abbey to cheers and applause, then take their tour around the town ending up at the Guildhall to receive the freedom of the city. More info at

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Crowds-c...ail/story.html

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/pictures.../pictures.html

Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21a.jpg (79.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 21b.jpg (55.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 23-11-11, 06:22 PM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....
Default Home Comings

Just to add a comment about 'home coming' parades. I have been watching the BBC programme about the RM soldiers wives 'choir' with Gareth Malone. Fantastic. As an ex-army brat, I can't recall my Mum getting into anything other than gossip parties at all the various camps/hirings/MQ's etc when we were left alone. Brilliant program and well worth watching - especially when the Marines were treated to the choir (their wives and children) when they got back. The build up to when they sang at the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall was excellent. David