British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Foreign Badges and Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-11-11, 03:22 PM

Default Help needed

I received this pin with some stuff from the Belgian Para-Commandos. It looks like it is a Russian pin or medal but I can't find anything of it. Do sombody on this forum know what it is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0048.jpg (35.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-11-11, 08:58 PM

It's one of dozens of 'Former Soviet bloc' airborne badge flooding the market. Probably Czechoslovak or Bulgarian. Doubtful that it is genuine, if indeed that pattern of badge was even issued in the 1st instance. I'm no expert on Russian Airborne Forces but it is not in my War Office Restricted Soviet Army Uniforms 1961 book or Osprey Soviet Bloc Elite Forces.
Old 09-11-11, 04:34 PM

I can tell you it says 'Tulskaya' at the bottom so I would assume it relates to the city of Tula which was a major weapons producer. Maybe the 50 relates to 50 years snce the end of WW2 but who knows as modern Russian stuff is not my thing, if it was Imperial I could tell you straight away

Hopefully the place name might give you a clue in searching for it!

Regards....Andy
Old 10-11-11, 01:00 PM

Thx for the info.

I found that the 106th Guards Airborne have their garrison in Tula and they have the same word on their insignia. Because of the the 50 on the medal I also thought it was a commemorative medal of some sort. Could be 50 years after the war, their 50 years anniversary, etc. I don't know that part yet nor have I seen a picture of this medal on the internet.