British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 26-08-11, 12:56 PM

Default re-enactment outfit for the airbornehike 2011

Hi all,

i am going to march the airbornehike this year with a re-enactmentgroup. so i wanted to show the outfit i am wearing at september 3rd.

here it is.

Old 26-08-11, 01:19 PM

Looking good Robin!

What are the details about the hike? how long is it, from where to where etc?

Phil
Old 26-08-11, 02:25 PM

it os always the first saturday of september. you can walk as individual and as a group. you have a gfew distances: 10, 15, 25 or 40 kilometers. you start at the old tennis court which nowadays is called Hartenstein and end at hartenstein again. It is something different and a apart thing from the museum. it is the local sportsclub.
Old 26-08-11, 02:32 PM

Here are some you can model yourself on - actually 6 AB Div elements in Celle in early 1945:
6 AB Div Celle.jpg
Old 26-08-11, 06:16 PM
peter616

here some of my original photos of men at Arnhem
peter

arnhem (28).jpg

arnhem (66).jpg

arnhem (123).jpg

Please vist my website http://petertaylormilitaria.com

Last edited by peter616; 10-10-11 at 09:32 AM.
Old 26-08-11, 06:44 PM

Hi peter,

Two of the photo's are ones i haven't seen yet. The first i have seen several times.(In musea and books) It isn't that i doesn't appreciate your help at all!
Old 26-08-11, 09:20 PM

Be aware that as far as I know you are prohibited by law to wear badges of rank or appointment, or medals that you haven't earned yourself whilst serving.

Rgds,
Thomas.
Old 26-08-11, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fougasse1940 View Post
Be aware that as far as I know you are prohibited by law to wear badges of rank or appointment, or medals that you haven't earned yourself whilst serving.

Rgds,
Thomas.
HI gents,

Here are some extracts from a recent post on this subject. These points as stated by member Counsel for the defence.

As it is no longer an offence to wear military insignia or medals, anyone can masquerade as a veteran of any rank with any decoration. Such people have always existed but now they can do so without fear of prosecution. Of course, it is still an offence to represent yourself as a police officer or serving officer in the armed forces in uniform or by the use of fraudulent documentation.

You will remember the case of the imposter who was highlighted (throughout the national media) for wearing medals at an Armistice Parade, to which he was not entitled. He was originally fined by his local magistrates but won his appeal when it was discovered that the enabling legislation had been REPEALED. There is nothing currently on the statute book making this a criminal offence.
May I add a further point to clarify this issue - the latest legislation (the 2006 Act) requires a test of 'pecuniary advantage' in the wearing of medals and insignia. In other words, the person must be seeking to gain money (begging or alleged charitable collection) or a personal benefit (a bed for the night) by claiming to be a veteran. Simply parading in medals and/or insignia will not secure a conviction under the 2006 Act although it would have done so under the 1955 Act, now repealed.

I know we all have our opinions on so called "Walts" and in some cases a low opinion is justified.

However, The event that Robin is participating in is aimed at carrying out the local tradition of honouring those who fought and fell at Arnhem and the money raised goes directly to help the families of these men.
Bearing that in mind, I don't see any harm in the lad portraying a soldier of the time.

Robin,

In my opinion it's good to see a lad of your age taking an active interest in this period of history and as with all re-enactors, as long as they don't take themselves too seriously, live and let live!

Regards

Ry
Old 26-08-11, 10:20 PM

Robin is in Holland, would that law have ever applied to him?

Phil
Old 27-08-11, 11:16 AM

I was referring to Dutch Law. I doubt very much the law will be enforced on Dutch re-enactors wearing foreign insignia but it should at least be morally imperative to stay well within the law.

Rgds,
Thomas.
Old 27-08-11, 11:20 AM

I have walked enough with my dutch parka with all insignia on it and have never got a fine or have i been suid for it.
Old 27-08-11, 11:27 AM

I've ignored many a red traffic light on my bicycle without getting cought, but that doesn't make it legal...

Robin as long as you are at least aware of both the responsabilities and legalities of re-enacting than I wish you lots of fun.

Rgds,
Thomas.
Old 27-08-11, 11:27 AM

sorry thomas. i didnt realise.

phil
Old 27-08-11, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fougasse1940 View Post
I was referring to Dutch Law. I doubt very much the law will be enforced on Dutch re-enactors wearing foreign insignia but it should at least be morally imperative to stay well within the law.

Rgds,
Thomas.
It applies at modern uniforms.
Old 12-09-11, 11:28 AM

I didn't marched the whole 15k. It was a little bit to fast and to far for me. The jacket i wore(isn't the same as on the picture here) is a original battle dres jacket, which is converted in the war the walking out. Now it has a ww1 back. I still got it for the race to the bridge saturday. My sarjeant has also a account here.