British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-11-20, 06:00 PM

Default Hereford 1 vol

Hi all, there is on eBay at the moment a lovely Hereford cloth title, it’s with something else. I would list it here, but not if a forum member is already bidding on it. So should I keep quite, or spill the beans. Pm if your bidding.
Old 12-11-20, 07:40 PM

If you are bidding on it dont spill the beans.

If not and you post it on here some members would probably bid on it.

However if its slipped under the radar and a member has found it and hoping it remains so then he/she wont thank you for it.

I personally would probably bid on it if its nice as I collect Volunteer stuff, but having done a basic ebay search I cant find it.

regards

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 12-11-20, 09:32 PM

Hi Simon, it’s not my collection field, but I can see it’s worth buying. It’s hard to find because the seller has not listed it as such, with out giving any clues, a box of stuff that I found.
Old 13-11-20, 12:36 PM

I agree with Simon.

As it’s an auction it could get a bit sticky if several members were to reply expressing an interest, would you tell them all in which case it may start a serious bidding war?

It’s obvious you’ve got the best intentions here to help a collector who would be interested in what sounds a very scarce item, how’s best to go about this isn’t such an easy answer.

Hopefully it goes to someone who really wants it at a bargain price.
Old 13-11-20, 10:52 PM

I recently was looking at a badge on eBay that I knew another member was also looking at. I sent him a note with my high bid and he replied "Go for it".

In all my years of collecting, I have never wanted to bid against a friend/forum member, and at shows, lived by the rule that who ever found it first had claim until they said no. Still try to live by that - this is a hobby, not a reason to be underhanded.

Terry