British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-06-08, 06:35 AM

Default what badge is this?

123.jpgI bought a military hat yesterday, the badge on the front has a bird and an anchor on the front, i have posted some pictures in the Royal Navy section under the heading "bought this at a church sale" can anyone help me identify it plaese.

Thank you
Rachael
Old 20-06-08, 06:54 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....
Default Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael View Post
Attachment 6929I bought a military hat yesterday, the badge on the front has a bird and an anchor on the front, i have posted some pictures in the Royal Navy section under the heading "bought this at a church sale" can anyone help me identify it plaese.

Thank you
Rachael
Royal Navy Air Service ?
Old 20-06-08, 11:58 AM

Could it be the RAF Air Sea Rescue Branch - the unit which featured in the classic 1950s war film "The Sea Shall not Have Them".
Old 20-06-08, 03:23 PM

I've only ever seen the cloth arm badge illustrated, which looks nothing like that. It has an air-sea rescue launch on it with, I think, ASR and a wave pattern.

Glad someone else has heard of that film. Haven't seen it in years. Thought it was a good film. It was filmed off the coast of Felixstowe in Suffolk where there was an air-sea rescuse base until sometime in the Fifties.
Old 20-06-08, 03:26 PM

I've only ever seen the cloth arm badge illustrated, which looks nothing like that. It has an air-sea rescue launch on it with, I think, ASR and a wave pattern.

Glad someone else has heard of that film. Haven't seen it in years. Thought it was a good film. It was filmed off the coast of Felixstowe in Suffolk where there was an air-sea rescue base until sometime in the Fifties.
Old 21-06-08, 02:57 AM

I have been told it might be an officer cadet badge? can anyone tell me if there is a list of these?

Thank you