British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 03-12-13, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

10000 vacancies and that's the problem!
Old 03-12-13, 07:42 PM

Perhaps the Chinese might provide some "mercenaries" for us, Dave seems to be spending time getting them to chip in for everything else at the moment.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 04-12-13, 08:40 AM

The commitment being asked of TA Soldiers in future is very high and recruitment was always going to be a problem. The lack of a TA Centre within an hours drive in Wiltshire where I live after my old one closed down ten years ago must also be a barrier.

The Army Cadet Force should also be seen as a potential source of recruits with detachments affiliated and badged to their local units. All detachments in theroy are affiliated to local regular units but I have not seen any visits or support from these units in the 4 years I have been an instructor.
Old 04-12-13, 09:06 AM
LYPAO Boff

Our old badge has been worn in the local cadet force since 2000 and a real emphasis has been placed in supporting the ACF. Luckily we have some very committed LDYPAO Cadet Officers and the old Regiments uniform and insignia is really worn "in detail" by all ranks...... so our "county" identity is not being eroded. It would be even better if the young cadets could progress into their father unit and still wear their own cap badge...... instead of some corporate ID that has been created in London and has nothing to do with the county or its military history.

"A Yeoman from the Stalwart Rural Cavalry"
Lechyd da pob Cymro
Old 04-12-13, 10:08 PM

This is a classic TA spoof clip from youtube which has a lot of truth to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZc5798LASc
Old 07-12-13, 06:54 PM

I had always wondered, until now, why Private Eye added the "R" to that company's name.

Talking to the CO of an Army Reserve unit (as we have to get used to calling the TA) a few weeks ago. He was in despair as 100+ applicants for his unit had yet to be enlisted thanks to the new improved recruiting system. Moreover I understand that the Regular recruiting process is also getting screwed.

Makes the handling of the Olympics by G4S a positive success story......
Old 17-12-13, 08:16 AM

I understand that the Squadrons of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry are also now given up there old cap badges and a new regimental one is to be designed.

A Squadrom of the Royal Yeomanary are becoming a squadron of the RWY but all squadrons are dropping down to a much lower establishment to reflect their new role.
Old 26-01-14, 10:48 PM

Here's the detail of the proposed changes...some are really quite shocking.

SUMMARY OF ARMY 2020 RESERVE STRUCTURE AND BASING CHANGES
Old 09-11-14, 10:29 AM
LYPAO Boff

UPDATE:-

B (Leicestershire & Derbyshire, PAO Yeomanry) Squadron, The Royal Yeomanry have had a reprieve It looks like we are going to be retained on the order of battle

Primary task now is to keep up the recruiting and make sure our numbers are solid for the next two years just to drive that nail in!

SRY & SNH(Y) become "The Notts Yeomanry" (Squadron)..... an old title they both had before splitting.

"A Yeoman from the Stalwart Rural Cavalry"
Lechyd da pob Cymro

Last edited by GriffMJ; 09-11-14 at 10:34 AM.