British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-04-13, 10:36 PM

Well done Ken and the RCT

I know Lt Col Johnathan Knowles well as he is the 'Focal Point Officer' for all the forming Corps of the RLC.

The RAOC Association is parading at the Princess Royal Barracks on the 7th of July for RLC Corps Sunday, and the 90th anniversary of the RAOC Association, becouse Deepcut was the RAOC Regimental Depot and the home of the AOC/RAOC War Memorials & Church.

We do not have a date yet, but sometime in the near future, Deepcut is also closeing and it has been surgested that planing for a RAOC farewell should also be looked into.

The next farewell Parade will be for 23 Pioneer Regiment at Saint Davids Barracks, Bicester before October 2015 - The Royal Pioneer Corps Training Centre. Simpson Barracks, Northampton closed on 1 April 1993 when the Royal Pioneer Corps amalgamated into the Royal Logistics Corps.

Wanted Poppy Pins

Last edited by Mike_2817; 06-04-13 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-04-13, 12:34 AM

Yes Mike, I've also been told yesterday afternoon that the RLC museum is going to close as well as Deepcuts Bks, in the not too distant future.

This is quite a dreadful bit of news as well, and maybe another project in the making, ......... if the intentions are to close it completely.

There is no money to run these places anymore, and not enough volunteers to help keep them open. theresa and I work nightshifts and this makes it impossible to help the museum in anyway, sadly.
Old 07-04-13, 04:31 PM

Great post mate, great effort and I have fond memories of visiting the Taxi Barracks. Fine bunch of men and latterly ladies.
Old 07-04-13, 06:12 PM

Will update you on Deepcut moves after the RAOC Exec meeting & AGM next month. I have a copy of the artifacts within PRB & St Barbara's Church (which is also a military cemetery) which are proposed to move to Worthy Down under Project KESTREL due to be started (erm) in April 2013.

As you may be aware the Defence Food Services School (DFSS) has already moved, and the Defense Logistics School (aka 25 Training Regiment part of which was at Bullar Bks) now looks to move no earler than 2015!

A new musium is meant to be built as part of the deal... Also by By 2015, the training of Royal Navy Logs(Pers) personnel are also meant to move to Worthy Down.

This years RLC Open Day & Corps Sunday (6/7 July) is going ahead, but next years is as yet not planned!

Wanted Poppy Pins

Last edited by Mike_2817; 07-04-13 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-04-13, 09:42 PM

Well done Ken, after you told me at Farnham about all the problems you faced and overcame, I am so pleased it all went well for you & your co organisers, not only that, I am proud of you mate Job well done,
Wilf.
Old 12-04-13, 09:14 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Congratulations and well done Ken and RCT.
Question for you; My Dad was in the GSC and then the RASC during/post WWII. I have managed (at last to find his old pay book with his details etc after a very long search.....). I have noticed that his army number has a leading 'T' - as in T/144..... etc. Is this a territorial designation? Thanks for any help.
Rgds, David
Old 12-04-13, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_2817 View Post
proposed to move to Worthy Down under Project KESTREL due to be started (erm) in April 2013. !
now Read 2016/17 with RLC Museum planned to move to a new build at Worthy Down paid for by the MoD as is the movment of Memorials as shown in Post #19

Wanted Poppy Pins

Last edited by Mike_2817; 12-04-13 at 10:08 AM.