British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 26-03-10, 06:01 PM

Hi Andy,
Here is a shot from the side. No sign of any screwpost.
Cheers, Tinto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown side.jpg (41.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 27-03-10, 09:46 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
Hi Dean,
Yeah that's right - small world!!!!! Cheers...Andy
Hiya Andy,

Good to be in touch after a bit then. Been busy with work and have just since Xmas got into badges with some vigour. My father passed away recently and getting his collection has inspired me. Trust all well for you, are you collecting? Cheers Dean
Old 03-04-10, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooke07 View Post
Hiya Andy,

Good to be in touch after a bit then. Been busy with work and have just since Xmas got into badges with some vigour. My father passed away recently and getting his collection has inspired me. Trust all well for you, are you collecting? Cheers Dean
Hi Dean,
Sorry to hear about your Dad, I remember you talking about him before & his collection.
I am collecting (of course!) but as usual finding it hard to get things I am really interested in!!!
Regards....Andy
Old 04-04-10, 09:20 PM

Smile

Hi Andy,

thanks for remembering my Dad. He had a rough time as he had Motor Neurone Disease and his passing was a blessing for Dad as he had suffered for 3 long years. Very sad.

I have focussed on some family history myself and with help from a couple of forum members have been chasing maternal great grandfather and brother both KIA Mons with 1st Batt Lincs. Maybe only one brother with Lincs as looks like the other was in a different unit hence the research. So have started collecting to Lincs as well as DLI for my paternal grandfather in Durham Plas batt on the Somme. Dad was in Lincs so all close really. Just got onto my wife's great grandfather who was ASC at gallipoli and france.

Hope you have added some good badges to your East Surrey and RMLI ones as you have a great nucleus when you sent me photos originally.

Cheers Dean.
Old 05-04-10, 07:59 PM

Hi Tinto,
Looking at that from the angle I would sya it probably had to brass pins on E/W that were replaced by the brooch fitting. I will need to find my Civil insignia book to identify for sure what it is though.
Regards....Andy
Old 05-04-10, 08:01 PM

Hi Dean,
It seems like you have the same problem I have of an expanding collecting field due to family ancestry! I have gained a few nice items but always looking for more of course, I feel I started too late on the CIV & 2nd VB east Surrey items as they seem hard to find!
Hopefully I will get some pics & get them on here at some point.
Regards....Andy
Old 05-04-10, 10:50 PM

Default Imperial Russian badge

Hi Andy,
Thanks, hope you can solve the mystery.
Cheers, Tinto