British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-04-13, 09:19 AM

Default Last case in the album

I have just updated my album with the last display case I will be making - Cloth.

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...p?albumid=1351

As it says against one of the pictures:

I will now be spending less time on badges (still visiting the forum regularly), only looking to fill gaps and replace copies - but hoping to spend more time on my RM figures in the future. My humble and grateful thanks to all on the forum who helped this naieve and gullible collector over the past 5 years or so since I started on this frustrating (and expensive) journey towards trying to pay tribute to the Corps I joined as a boy and that I will always respect.

I would like to offer a special thanks to the regular visitors to the RN & RM section of the Forum - especially John & Paddy - for all the invaluable help, encouragement, advice and guidance provided to me.

I have some updating of previous cases to do and will add pictures to the forum as I go - and will be checking back to this section regularly as I have always found it to be intriguing and enlightening in my quest for knowledge of the older and more obscure insignia of Her Majesty's Royal Marines.

Yours Aye
Ray
Old 22-04-13, 09:34 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Very nice Ray. The trick (it seems) about uploading order is to note that the 1st one in the upload list will be the last one that will appear in the album - at least it seems to work that way for me.
I wish I had the spare space that you have.... Well done and its well worth the effort it must have taken you. All the best, David
Old 22-04-13, 03:01 PM

Default 48th

I have a question about your 4th picture from the left, on the top level. The one with all the Corps' numbers. Are you saying that the smaller ones e.g. your '48' are not WWII issue?
thanks Raymond
Old 22-04-13, 03:34 PM

Default Responses

Thanks David
The order of pictures was frustrating. I found that uploading 5 at a time resulted in them being in reverse order everytime - whether I entered them first to last or last to first. In the end I loaded every one singularly. Painstaking and a lot of time but hopefully worthwhile to get them in logical sequence to the actual case.

Raymond
I do not profess to be an expert by any means but what I have gleaned from posts on this forum *and from the kind assistance of its memebrs) is that WWII issue cash tapes were of the wider variety (appx 5/8th of an inch). The narrower ones like my 47 & 48 ones were either post war issue - or more likely modern copies.

If you search posts for Cash Tapes you'll probably find quite a lot of references to them

Ray
Old 22-04-13, 09:26 PM

Ray

Some very nice pieces as usual and very well displayed (and permission to hang them inside the house). I doubt you'll be able to break the habit and I'm sure you'll continue to pick up more pieces along the way (or have I finally got one less person to bid against me on ebay?)

Paddy
Old 23-04-13, 11:59 AM

Great collection. Thanks.
Cheers,
Alex
Old 23-04-13, 12:20 PM

You have an absolutely SUPER Royal Marine collection & have displayed it extremely well Ray! & its really nice that you have the space to display it all.

RCN Bryan