British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-03-14, 01:32 AM

Default Hello from Brantford Ont.

hello every one, I have been a member here for a little while, but I just reading the posts, and getting to know this site. I started collecting cap badges back in the 70's when I was an army cadet, but got out it. I just started collecting again a few years back. So I am pretty new at it again. I didn't realize that there are so many fakes out there. I do have a lot of questions, that I will be posting soon.

Len
Old 18-03-14, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Len, Welcome to the Forum. Do you have a theme for your collecting? Eg Canadian CEF?
Old 18-03-14, 11:51 AM

I mainly collect cap badges. I really don't have any theme right now. I collect mostly ww2 and post war cap badges I do have a few CEF cap badges(becuase of the outrageous prices lately on ebay) , as well a couple of British cap badges. I do have one themed set of cap badges and collar dogs that I am getting ready for a display which I will be posting shortly. Like any collector, I do have odds and sods of other military stuff.
Old 18-03-14, 02:36 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Len!

If you are not familiar with the CSMMI : Canadian Society Military Medals & Insignia : http://www.thecsmmi.com/ they have shows in Burlington pretty much every month, its likely well worth you checking out. There is another chap that I know comes from Brantford who shows up regularly (my competition for the cheap stuff!), but for the life of me I cant remember his name - is involved with the Museum in Brantford there, though!

Anyways, enjoy the forum!

Cheers, Sean
Old 19-03-14, 01:58 AM

Hey Sean
I was looking at their site, I think I might just have to go and check out shows
Old 22-03-14, 01:10 AM

Hope to see you there soon!