British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Foreign Badges and Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-12-20, 06:02 PM

Default German ww2 woven cloth Heer

I am going through my late father's collection of badges and selling some and keeping others. I rather naively put the German badge on ebay for auction but it was removed. This was a bit of a surprise because I looked to see if items like mine were sold on ebay first. My question is: is it unethical to sell this badge? If not, where should I sell it maybe? Is the forum an Avenue to sell such an item?
Adrian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20201221_095824.jpg (38.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20201221_095938.jpg (40.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20201221_095848.jpg (46.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 23-12-20, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil86 View Post
I am going through my late father's collection of badges and selling some and keeping others. I rather naively put the German badge on ebay for auction but it was removed. This was a bit of a surprise because I looked to see if items like mine were sold on ebay first. My question is: is it unethical to sell this badge? If not, where should I sell it maybe? Is the forum an Avenue to sell such an item?
Adrian
Even though there are many, many examples listed on eBay - listing something showing a Swastika as part of a nazi item is prohibited in eBay's listing rules. If someone reports the item, and it is not covered /obscured in the image, it will be removed for a listing violation. You could try again, and obscure it (as I suspect you did not do this last time) or alternatively there are a number of other fora that will happily let you list items such as this for sale - I would suggest googling "WW2 German collector forums" (or similar)
Old 23-12-20, 07:26 PM

Default German badge

Thank you for the information and advice.