British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Militaria

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-03-23, 01:29 PM

Default My Lewis Gun buttstock Mk 11

Hi all

It was given to me by a friend.

I think it must have been kept in a coal shed, as it was in a hell of a mess.

It had a washer jammed into where the oil brush screwed in, which damaged the threads, I couldn’t find a thread cutter as I didn’t know the size, so in the end, I used the point of a dart then worked my way around thread by tapping the dart with a small hammer , it worked .

The sling holder was rusted that much, I had to take it off, and poured petrol lighter fuel on and lit it, it did free and I found a WD stamp.

The Butt Disk a repro, as the one that came with it, looked like old metal rusted washer, wish I could find it now.

There was no oil brush, so I went on line to see if I could find one, with no luck, in the end, I used one from a Vickers gun oil bottle which had a WD stamp, which was made of plastic?, the original one would have been made from metal.

Gerwyn

[ATTACH]IMG_20200130_154022.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200130_153546.jpg (87.0 KB, 43 views)