British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-02-23, 02:49 PM

Default Royal Mail rant (a Yank’s perspective)

Greetings all,

In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll state upfront that I’m among the multitude of people impacted by the “late unpleasantness” known as the ransomware cyber attack on the Royal Mail, with one parcel in perpetual limbo God-knows-where and the other not even entered into the system yet. A month later, and it seems things are still thoroughly cocked up, as you boys like to put it. I’m now beginning to wonder how in the name of Poseidon’s @sshole Royal Mail managed to get the job done for the 300+ years they existed WITHOUT computers? And whatever the answer to that question is, maybe they should just do *that*?
Thanks for listening, rant off...
Old 12-02-23, 04:55 PM

I understand as I have 2 large lots that are held up. But I believe they are doing what they can, and the main problem seems to be in the tracking system, so any package that needs tracking can't be sent. I would sure hate to lose my stuff, so I am content to wait until it can properly be tracked.

All said, I do know how frustrating it is! Hang in there!

Terry
Old 12-02-23, 05:06 PM

Totally understand your rant, I used to work for Royal Mail. Its another failing British business, poorly managed, ruined by shareholders.
Andy
Old 12-02-23, 05:47 PM

This was on Royal Mail site 10th of February 2023 :

Quote:
Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual and customers using Tracked services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.?

Poppy and British Legion Wanted
Old 12-02-23, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guard View Post
I understand as I have 2 large lots that are held up. But I believe they are doing what they can, and the main problem seems to be in the tracking system, so any package that needs tracking can't be sent. I would sure hate to lose my stuff, so I am content to wait until it can properly be tracked.

All said, I do know how frustrating it is! Hang in there!

Terry
International tracked and untracked mail CAN be sent from the UK. I sent two such packages last week, one to Australia (tracked) and one to Canada (untracked). That said, I had to buy the postage direct from the Royal Mail website, print off postage labels, attach them and then take the packages to a Post Office where I was given a receipt. Items cannot be taken direct to a PO and postage etc paid for there. I've no idea why, even the staff don't seem to know.

Dave.

Dave.
Old 12-02-23, 06:58 PM

Forgot to mention, ive been waiting for a recorded delivery that was posted on 3rd February from this country ?!
Andy
Old 21-02-23, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMcM View Post
Greetings all,

In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll state upfront that I’m among the multitude of people impacted by the “late unpleasantness” known as the ransomware cyber attack on the Royal Mail, with one parcel in perpetual limbo God-knows-where and the other not even entered into the system yet. A month later, and it seems things are still thoroughly cocked up, as you boys like to put it. I’m now beginning to wonder how in the name of Poseidon’s @sshole Royal Mail managed to get the job done for the 300+ years they existed WITHOUT computers? And whatever the answer to that question is, maybe they should just do *that*?
Thanks for listening, rant off...
... I had a package posted from the United Kingdom to me, here in the United States through the Royal Mail... was posted on 8 February 2023 "International Tracked" and it was delivered, again to me in the United States on 20 February 2023... Royal Mail worked OK for me!!!

David
Old 21-02-23, 08:36 PM

I got the item mentioned above, well I got the remains of the packaging. It had gone through the sorting machine, and got torn up. The beret will never be seen again ! Well done Royal Mail, your sh*te.....
Andy
Old 22-02-23, 04:28 AM

I have seen a notice that says they are able to accept all international now. I suspect there will be a big crunch at first.

Terry