British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Indian Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-04-23, 05:50 PM

Default 7th Gurkha Boss Badge

I have more variants of 7th Gurkha Boss Badges (14) than any other Gurkha Regiment. In the museum's book on the insignia of the 7GR they show 12 variants ( incl a couple I don't have) - but today I acquired a variant that I suspected was out there but had never seen before (its not shown or referred to in the book). I've shown the cap badge that matches the design of the boss badge. The cap badge is fairly common and can be accurately dated to 1951>1959 ( the 7GR became the Duke of Edinburgh's Own in 1959). I always thought there might be a boss badge to match. In Dec 1953 it was decided that future officers boss badges should have a separate 7 from the crossed blades and a design with a thin bar across the top to touch the blades came out but I think this may have been a later variant until the design was changed for the last time in 1959.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3612.jpg (74.6 KB, 56 views)
Old 22-04-23, 01:50 PM

Nice to acquire a never before seen variant, well done!