British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-07-16, 10:48 AM
Hanbut

Default Fake Australian Helmet

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-VERY-R...T/322179013008
Not even well painted design has been painted over the rust. Then look at other he has sold and is offering. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-16, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanbut View Post
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-VERY-R...T/322179013008
Not even well painted design has been painted over the rust. Then look at other he has sold and is offering. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID!!!!!!!
This seller has and has had a string of badly faked/pimped helmets for sale recently and currently. I and some others have been posting about this on another forum.

Jerry
Old 08-07-16, 11:29 AM

This seller is clearly practicing his school stencilling skills. The Tam O Shanter he has for sale would be laughable had some one not bid on it! As for his FFI Para helmet.....

Last edited by MH331; 08-07-16 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-07-16, 11:29 AM

He also has a helmet marked up to the 6th South African Armoured Division, and a camera with a genuine German bullet hole from the siege of Tobruk.

If I were lucky enough to find things like that I would keep them, not sell them on ebay.
Old 08-07-16, 03:08 PM

I'm particularly impressed with his Airborne Royal Engineers Battledress that has Royal Artillery titles stitched on !
PL
Old 08-07-16, 03:36 PM

Take a look at his two negatives, though why only two escapes me.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...ms=negative_30

One for a repro pilots notes with crown copyright permission, = 1970's, but even discounting that it has an amendment in the back dated october 1945 and two handwritten dated entries from before that date in the front/

The other is a named WWII helmet which the buyer complained was not named and the seller denies saying it was named though the item description starts off with NAMED WWII RA HELMET.........

Jerry
Old 08-07-16, 07:44 PM

Jerry, I had to laugh at those pilots notes, unbelievable, it sums up all that is bad regarding ebay and a good many sellers who use it to peddle their dross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBBOND View Post
Take a look at his two negatives, though why only two escapes me.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...ms=negative_30

One for a repro pilots notes with crown copyright permission, = 1970's, but even discounting that it has an amendment in the back dated october 1945 and two handwritten dated entries from before that date in the front/

The other is a named WWII helmet which the buyer complained was not named and the seller denies saying it was named though the item description starts off with NAMED WWII RA HELMET.........

Last edited by Frank Kelley; 08-07-16 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-07-16, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Jerry, I had to laugh at those pilots notes, unbelievable, it sums up all that is bad regarding ebay and a good many sellers who use it to peddle their dross.
That one is funny and his denial is beyond a joke, especially for the helmet where he denies saying it was named, even though it is still in the items sales description.

At least these two noticed they had been ripped, but the quantities of pimped helmets he has sold recently are going to come back on the market at some stage and the then sellers are in for a shock.

Jerry
Old 08-07-16, 10:22 PM

This is what the insignia should look like and i have sent him a message saying its a dud,his is on the right side .Plus its painted over the rust so not very convincing LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tac-ww2-9-div.jpg (13.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg dud.jpg (100.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Jackhr; 08-07-16 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-07-16, 07:42 AM

Morning Jerry,
I've all but given up with ebay, I seldom even look at it, if you know who you are buying from it's okay I suppose, although, I tend to look elsewhere.
These idiots, who send you an item, but, not the actual item that was photographed in the particular auction that you bid upon and won, really do annoy me, this seems to be a growing trend with some sellers merely using a "stock" photo, without, of course, actually stating that in the first place.
It is commonplace in badges, but, less common a practice with other items, thankfully.
What amazes me, is that all these people, like the one you have brought to notice here, still seem to have absolutely no shortage of customers whatsoever.
Very annoying indeed!
Kind regards Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBBOND View Post
That one is funny and his denial is beyond a joke, especially for the helmet where he denies saying it was named, even though it is still in the items sales description.

At least these two noticed they had been ripped, but the quantities of pimped helmets he has sold recently are going to come back on the market at some stage and the then sellers are in for a shock.
Old 09-07-16, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Morning Jerry,
I've all but given up with ebay, I seldom even look at it, if you know who you are buying from it's okay I suppose, although, I tend to look elsewhere.
These idiots, who send you an item, but, not the actual item that was photographed in the particular auction that you bid upon and won, really do annoy me, this seems to be a growing trend with some sellers merely using a "stock" photo, without, of course, actually stating that in the first place.
It is commonplace in badges, but, less common a practice with other items, thankfully.
What amazes me, is that all these people, like the one you have brought to notice here, still seem to have absolutely no shortage of customers whatsoever.
Very annoying indeed!
Kind regards Frank
I totally agree Frank,
I've even notice that a particular well know seller (Bulgarian) of fake items bids continually against himself to increase the item costs, has feed back that tells buyers that items are fake and yet people still buy his rubbish. Sadly this encourages more fraudulent activity within our hobby 🙄.

Nick
Old 09-07-16, 08:11 AM

This helmet has now reach over the $600 au mark😳😳😳.
Old 09-07-16, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch View Post
This helmet has now reach over the $600 au mark😳😳😳.
I bet he doesn't show the messages when he replies to questions on the listing.

Tags
australian, fake, helmet