British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-06-22, 09:25 PM

HAC waiting to march down the Mall today. Unfortunately the BBC missed them on their coverage and jumped to the the next contingent - the RAF!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3957.jpeg (61.2 KB, 60 views)
Old 05-06-22, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artynut View Post
The Sack of Shite referred to above is the most disgusting object to have the nerve to be present in public wearing a uniform that I have ever seen. I am sure that the youths following it were suffering internally from shame. ALL personnel holding any leadership position in a youth organization should be a role model. What the hell does he think those following him can aspire to? BUT, Shame on his superiors for putting him in that position. Lastly, at this time of the year, Most cadet corps are about at the end of their training year and as such, Should be at their highest level of Dress, Drill and Deportment! Sadly, each unit photographed shows something lacking in their marching skills. And, if you can’t hear the band, someone call the cadence and dig those heels in and make your own base drum! yes, I know, I’m just an old Rock-Ape having a moan, Having marched through those streets of Chester in ‘61 whilst stationed at Sealand, those photo’s did not make me feel nostalgic! D.J.
I can't help wondering how that young man must be feeling if he has by any chance read the criticism of himself on this forum. Personally I find the judgement of him totally out of order. Nobody knows him or anything about his background yet he is being crucified for his physical appearance by total strangers. Please give the lad a break.
Old 06-06-22, 02:21 AM

Hoot, I agree with you. I also agree that he was a mess, but I look at it this way. That was probably the biggest event in his life so far and I also suspect he did the best he could. I fault his superiors and others for not helping him.

As Les Brown once said - "It's better to aim high and miss, than aim low and make it."

I am now ready for the slings and arrows....

Terry
Old 06-06-22, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM View Post
HAC waiting to march down the Mall today. Unfortunately the BBC missed them on their coverage and jumped to the the next contingent - the RAF!
The BBC could and should have shown more of the military part of the pageant, but they were halfway down the Mall before the cameras picked them up. Typically the Beeb were too busy chatting to so-called 'celebs' to bother with detailed coverage of the armed services.
Old 13-07-22, 09:16 PM

My old lot C Sqn QOY !