British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic > Forum Operation

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-08-17, 04:44 PM

Default "New Posts" only goes back 24 hours??

I enjoy reading thru this forum, though not necessarily a regular poster, and do not always get here daily. And there are several different threads that catch my eye (particularly anything Scottish). But I have noticed recently that when I know I haven't been here in a few days, the "New Posts" still only go back 24 hours, therefore have missed (who knows how many) new posts. And the visit automatically tags all threads as read at that point. Has this changed recently? Or is it just me?
Old 07-08-17, 07:16 PM
Administrator

I think we had issues with changes to the way the forum operated and displayed 'new posts' immediately after the last software upgrade. I clipped new posts back to display only 24 hours, and turned off the 'lightbox' popup image viewer as well if I recall.

Bigger issues on the horizon though as we are now 'end of life' with the software we are using now. Dreading the change it to be honest. Head in sand time.

I can guarantee the majority will hate the new forum style but hopefully we can keep going as we are for a while yet.
Old 07-08-17, 07:35 PM

Hello Mike

I think it has been said before but I for one would be more than happy to make a donation if financial considerations are an issue here.

Quite honestly I don't think I could live without this Forum!

Roger
Old 07-08-17, 08:40 PM
LYPAO Boff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I think we had issues with changes to the way the forum operated and displayed 'new posts' immediately after the last software upgrade. I clipped new posts back to display only 24 hours, and turned off the 'lightbox' popup image viewer as well if I recall.

Bigger issues on the horizon though as we are now 'end of life' with the software we are using now. Dreading the change it to be honest. Head in sand time.

I can guarantee the majority will hate the new forum style but hopefully we can keep going as we are for a while yet.

https://youtu.be/LHpdgHTINik

"A Yeoman from the Stalwart Rural Cavalry"
Lechyd da pob Cymro
Old 07-08-17, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribyn View Post
Hello Mike

I think it has been said before but I for one would be more than happy to make a donation if financial considerations are an issue here.

Quite honestly I don't think I could live without this Forum!

Roger
+1
Jack
Old 07-08-17, 11:48 PM

Thanks for the reply and the explanation Mike. I bet lots of members would be willing to make a donation to keep this site going, me included.