British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-06-08, 02:29 PM
Member 2008-2010 Rest in Peace

Default Felt not melton

Here is a title that I mentioned earlier on this forum & other than the Canadian Army Course it is the only felt title in my collection & without a doubt the nicest in quality that I've seen, Very well made which is rare for world war 2 UK made titles, This one is as good as any Canadian made that I have seen, Obviously UK or maybe Italian who knows but it has the diagonal stitching of the UK. And it is felt not melton. Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flowers 050.jpg (48.2 KB, 65 views)
Old 05-06-08, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ray, Which one are you talking about? The formation patch or the Three Rivers title? The TTR title is an odd colour, or is the colour due to the camera? Is the TRR flash a starch back?
Old 06-06-08, 12:48 PM
Member 2008-2010 Rest in Peace

I meant the title Bill,The title seems to be faded, There is no starch on the back but no backing either, a little residue from my tape, looks to be used, I liked the faded aspect, It seems to me that I had an Ontario title like that also but can't find it now. Tried to get a picture of the back but wasn't very successful. Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flowers 051.jpg (48.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg flowers 052.jpg (28.4 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by boots and saddles; 06-06-08 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-09-08, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Ray, Was cleaning up some of the categories on the forum, and saw that I had not answered this post.
The title you have illustrated for the Three Rivers Regiment is the starch or sized back pattern. These titles appear to have been issued late in WW2 or at the end of the war. There is some mystery as to the origins of this pattern of title, but all the Canadian regiments and corps in NW Europe appear to have a starch back pattern. There are also some starch backs for formatio patches.

Tags
1st armoured brigade, three rivers regiment