British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-06-19, 07:31 PM

Default New Album Copies & Restrikes

Hi all have started an Album of Copies & Restrikes, would ask for your assistance in giving it a once over, am trying to find the GOOD BADGES within a frame I have broken down which I have put off and put off! Again and again, for the reason I know its rife with Copies/Restrikes.

I want to recreate the frame "Cavalry and Yeomanry", am mounting on cardboard first, have acquired and kept seperate good badges (I hope??) Through time, but these really need to be displayed and have to go through this to weed out the dubious! Please bear with me will upload the dubious over the weekend, will make another Album on what I consider to be good badges prior to starting the frame and keeping these dubious ones seperate on a board of there own!

Have uploaded a picture of what I think to be a good badge Victorian 4th Queens Own Hussars (I hope!!)

Many thanks in advance Billy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190614_191404-1.jpg (97.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 20190614_191414-1.jpg (87.1 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by billy; 14-06-19 at 09:27 PM.
Old 14-06-19, 08:11 PM

That badge is very fake I’m afraid.
Old 14-06-19, 09:32 PM

Thanks Luke! appreciate your help and will mark this one up also, the Album I will Edit leaving the bad as examples for members to see and will add those others I have (VTC, s .W.W.1), which I know are wrong I think?
Old 15-06-19, 08:51 AM

Lots of little boxes, lots of little bags! "Wishing I hadn't started this"
Old 15-06-19, 10:45 AM

It would be helpful if any one who says a badge is fake could share how they came to that decision, it would help us all learn

Tom
Old 15-06-19, 11:05 AM

It would be very helpful!

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther1 View Post
It would be helpful if any one who says a badge is fake could share how they came to that decision, it would help us all learn

Tom
Old 15-06-19, 12:28 PM

Panther / Cam, couldn't agree more, at the moment I'm just trying to get Forum's help to sort out possible good badges from the Copies, am just annotating Good Badge - Bad Badge for me to make sure I don't put them in wrong place!

Generally material used and lugs/slider wrong, strike of badge, will attempt to put reasons along the way but will come back to them, Good badges will be deleted leaving only the bad!

An example would be the Inniskillings, number of brick courses to window is wrong "ought to be 11" but mainly it's in w/m missing a Gilt Scroll and rear slider too new!

All the best billy