British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-03-11, 05:27 PM

Default Gaunt card

I thought i would share this with you, 2 brand new badges with bronze wash and bright gilt original finish, on a gaunt card in a box probably from a military tailor/outfitters.
Andy.

Last edited by magpie; 28-09-13 at 10:42 PM.
Old 20-03-11, 05:32 PM

Nice items Andy, can we see rear of card?
Thanks for shareing Tony.
Old 20-03-11, 06:07 PM

Andy, that is a very nice set. Are they officer's badges ? full dress and SD !? I imagine this is the case because the numbers are either Gaunt manufacturing numbers or specific officer's numbers (I still don't know where officer's Patt Nos are listed !). They are certainly not the WO pattern number for ORs badges which was 10334A/1902 - the KC version.
Old 20-03-11, 06:30 PM

The back of the card, the badges appear to be other ranks and the numbers i don't know about but they must be for gaunt catalogue numbers or for the shop use.
Andy

Last edited by magpie; 28-09-13 at 10:42 PM.
Old 20-03-11, 07:30 PM

Default Gaunt card with badges

Hi Andy

Wow what a great find! I bet you were thrilled to bits when you opened the box. It’s always interesting to see items like this still apparently attached to their original card, as I can’t imagine there would be that many around today. You’ll have to excuse my ignorance here, but what regiment are they for? Any thoughts on what period these could date from as well, and is there any significance in the different shape/size of the grenade flames? I know a couple of Forum members do have some Gaunt catalogues, so it would be really good to know if the numbers do appear in these or not. Many thanks for sharing this with the rest of us, and if you happen to spot some Leicesters badges on a similar card sometime I know someone who’d be more than happy to give them a home!! Thanks again for posting things up.

Best regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”
Old 20-03-11, 08:26 PM

interesting post magpie. where did the badges and cards come from ?
regards paj1
Old 03-04-11, 05:28 PM
Peter J

Thumbs up

Great to see, Andy. Thanks for this.

PJ

Tags
gaunt