British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-21, 10:11 PM

Default 17th Lancers Cap badge w/ posts, Yea or Nay

Normally I'm not too bad at sorting the restrikes from the good ones but I'm unsure on this and going through the mountain of previous posts did little to help me.

Barring the pink nail polish in the eye sockets.... this one has a lot of wear in all the right spots and some detail where there is no wear. For example, the motto has well defined tassels, not flattened dots and its worn softer where it drapes the bones but still some texture near the lettering.

At the same time, the sockets seem well defined but there is more rounding of the forehead and nose bridge than normal.

The posts seem properly located for an earlier badge and are thin pinched. The badge is rounded and formed a bit as well.

Looks to be plated brass and tarnished in the low spots but the `tarnished areas have some lacquer residue on them.

I'm open for observations and judgement but try not to pick on me too much as it's only Monday and my week has just started. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17 -1.jpg (48.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 17 -2.jpg (19.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 17 -3.jpg (44.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 17 -4.jpg (54.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 17 -5.jpg (66.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 17 -6.jpg (36.2 KB, 23 views)

Collector of a wide variety of Canadian Militaria
...........that my wife will sell at discount prices
or throw away after I am gone.............CHIMO