British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-21, 11:29 AM

Default Remembrance Sunday

This headline on the BBC News website caught my eye :

Quote:
Remembrance Sunday: 'Don't erase' ethnic minorities

A musician has said it is important that ethnic minorities who served in the military are not "erased" from Remembrance Sunday events.
I found that statement odd as every year I have been at the Cenotaph all those who served have been remembered. Every year the high commissioners from Commonwealth countries each lay a wreath , in 2014 there were 46 high commissioners at the ceremony.

From the RBL website :
Quote:
The National Service of Remembrance, held at The Cenotaph in Whitehall on Remembrance Sunday, provides the nation with a physical reminder of all those that have served and sacrificed, with British and Commonwealth soldiers, sailors, airmen and women represented, together with members of the emergency services and civilians, ensuring that no-one is forgotten.
Services of Remembrance are also held in numerous other countries (including Barbados/Belize/Bermuda/India/Kenya/St.Lucia/South Africa) , either on Remembrance Day (11th November) or on Remembrance Sunday.

So , far from being "erased" I feel that 'ethnic minorities' are honoured and remembered and their service/sacrifice is something we will never forget.

"WE WILL REMEMBER THEM"

Poppy and British Legion Wanted