British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-04-20, 02:39 PM

Question 16th (County of London) Battalion, London Regiment (Queen's Westminster Rifles) HELP

I am trying to find out about this badge. I know it is 16th (County of London) Battalion, London Regiment (Queen's Westminster Rifles) but I have looked on the net and Gaylors but cannot find out why some have a solid port cullis and some like this one have hollow ones. I think it is dated between 1908 and 1922 when they amalgamated with the 15th. Sorry I cannot take pictures of the back as it is wall mounted. Please help Thank you County of London Regt 16th Battalion.jpg

Sorry I could find a way to rotate this image. I uploaded the file which had the correct rotation but it has been changed.
Old 14-04-20, 10:27 PM

The examples you’ve seen with non-voided centres/portcullises are low-quality copies. That’s not to say that all voided examples are genuine, of course.

6C7835BE-62CB-41CF-9FCC-5073EF5E1AFB.jpeg
Old 14-04-20, 10:43 PM

thank you , this one is at least 50 years old as it was in my fathers collection

Tags
16th battalion, county of london, london regiment, queen's westminster rifle