British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-17, 01:41 PM

Default Mystery 'cap' badges

I have today received three small blue-on-white embroidered WWII issue cap/hat badges - possibly for Wrens tropical hats. One of the reasons I think that is because they came with a small 'SEAC' badge embroidered in WRNS blue (see images below).

However, every picture I have seen of WWII wrens in tropical rig shows PO and CPO Wrens wearing the standard blue cap badge they would have worn in the UK. I can't find any images of badges similar to the ones I have. In fact, I have never seen any badges similar to these before. They are all quite small and I can't think of any other use for them than as cap/hat badges. There are even pin holes and traces of thread on them which suggest that at one time they were stitched to a hat of some kind.

Any ideas?

Pete
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan.jpg (29.4 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 1.jpg (30.0 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Guzzman; 04-10-17 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Poor grammer!