British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-07-12, 03:17 PM

Default 4th Parachute Brigade trenches Papendal 1944-2012

Yesterday,the weather was nice, Jeroen Niels, and myself went to Papendal to clear out the trenches, that were used by 4th Parachute Brigade on the 19th, before crossing the railwayline, I started this little project in april 2004. This is the second time it was cleaned up after 2004.

the enclosed photographs showed it how it was when we started and when we finished after a lot of sweating

After cleaning, we both decided to place new poles and a new enclosure, (before September this year) but we also want to place a permanent sign in dutch and english, so tell that mountainbikers, hickers and visitors what the meaning it of this.

Some photographs of yesterday, before and after the cleaning.

We have a guiding price for a total of 400,- euro, Jeroen and myself want to try to get the money together, as soon as possible, this will probably have to come from private sponsoring, within 2 weeks time I hope to post the design on the site, so people can see what it will be and hopeful donate some money, I have enclosed a photograph of what type of sign it will be.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us