British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-02-13, 09:38 PM

Default Royal Navy Service records

Just back from Florida. Talking with my Uncle there about my grandfathers service record from WW1. I remember him telling me he was torpedoed in the black or North sea (likely the latter) when I was a kid but my uncle says he never knew about that. Maybe just a story? He did serve on a minesweeper thats all I know. Wrote years ago trying to find info but the reply was it was the wrong place. Tried the official website but it just seems to go in circles. I do have his book Newfoundland Royal Naval Reserve Certificate No. 2778X but it does not list what ships he served on. Enlisted in 1917 William A. Bridger. Anyone point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
On a side note did not see much militaria stateside. There was one antique shop in south Carolina that had some German stuff. The fellow did not have any price because he didnt know what it was worth. I told him I would stop in on my return trip in two weeks. I also told him honestly what the current prices were for the items he had. I said see how close I am. On my return he was wishy washy and said he thought they were worth far more than what I told him. The first item was about three times the value I told him and the other items he wasnt sure where they were. How can you lose them in your own shop? I said you are far out of my price range See Ya. Cheers Brian