British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 24-03-19, 08:30 PM

The RGR wore their backing on berets in Bosnia, back in early 2000s, when they were reinforcing the Royal Scots as part of SFOR. I am trying the recreate this, which isn't hard to do but it's just that I'm now not sure how to put all of the beret together. I'd better learn soon though as I've got my army cadets beret coming soon!
Old 24-03-19, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdWar_Conan View Post
The RGR wore their backing on berets in Bosnia, back in early 2000s, when they were reinforcing the Royal Scots as part of SFOR. I am trying the recreate this, which isn't hard to do but it's just that I'm now not sure how to put all of the beret together. I'd better learn soon though as I've got my army cadets beret coming soon!
You are indeed correct 👍I’ve just had a quick search and as you quite rightly say tartan patch worn whiled attached to RS,always good to keep learning

Gerard
Old 26-03-19, 07:38 PM

Default backplate

Hi Conan
From my time with 48 inf. Bde. I have this back plate which I think i got from there if any good you are welcome to it let me know your address and will post off. However it was so long ago I may be completely wrong.
arty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bp.jpg (34.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bpa.jpg (40.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg bpl.jpg (55.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 26-03-19, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb64 View Post
You are indeed correct 👍I’ve just had a quick search and as you quite rightly say tartan patch worn whiled attached to RS,always good to keep learning

Gerard
The company that reinforced the PWRR wore the blue yellow blue PWRR backing behind their badge. If i recall correctly they wore the khaki beret rather than the rifle green one. Im sure this has been brought up previously .
Old 27-03-19, 04:40 AM

That's interesting - I'm surprised RGR would give up their rifles green berets for khaki ones.
Old 27-03-19, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTY View Post
Hi Conan
From my time with 48 inf. Bde. I have this back plate which I think i got from there if any good you are welcome to it let me know your address and will post off. However it was so long ago I may be completely wrong.
arty
The lugs are quite wide ... 2.3cm. Is that a fit? Thanks
Old 27-03-19, 07:37 PM

There are images of Gurkha Soldiers attached to the PWRR wearing the Khaki beret PWRR badge and PWRR backing.

Marc
Old 27-03-19, 08:08 PM

I think I saw the ones you're talking about. I was quite confused at first when I saw them with the PWRR cap badge.