British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-12-22, 12:38 PM

Default KRRC Officers Boss Badge.

Hello Chaps, Just added a KRRC boss badge to the collection, the central device came on quite a small boss and I've transferred it onto a larger one. There are only five boss badges that appear in K&K, this one, the R. Fusiliers shown previously and the R. Irish/Ulster Rifles, that are now on the search list.

I have added several more badges to the KC Infantry Officers collection, I've now passed the 100 mark, although I must admit that I do have 2 or 3 gap fillers. A very swift and rather optimistic count up suggests that I've got another 51 to find, but it could well be more.

No one ever sees the badges that I have, so I post them on here from time to time, that way they do see the light of day, a bit, somewhere else. It gives me the chance to have a bit of a waffle as well, "her indoors" doesn't know the difference between a cap badge and a hole in the ground. As many others have said before me, my greatest fear is also, that when I die, she'll sell all of my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC13766.jpg (66.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13765.jpg (32.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13767.jpg (78.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13768.jpg (64.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13759.jpg (64.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13760.jpg (62.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13761.jpg (66.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13762.jpg (60.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13763.jpg (54.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-12-22, 10:04 AM

I particularly like your officers service dress bronze collection. When based at Netheravon, on the wall of the officers’ mess I saw a frame of such badges of the entire infantry put together and hung there during WW1 when it was the Machine Gun School. It’s the only time I have ever seen all the OSDB badges together. I believe it might now be at Warminster.
Old 02-12-22, 11:50 AM

Thank you, Toby, Hopefully, I will have them all eventually, I've found that the OSD bronze badges are usually easier to find, but not always. Sometimes there are lots of silver ones and the bronze versions are far and few between.
Old 02-12-22, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Purcell View Post
I particularly like your officers service dress bronze collection. When based at Netheravon, on the wall of the officers’ mess I saw a frame of such badges of the entire infantry put together and hung there during WW1 when it was the Machine Gun School. It’s the only time I have ever seen all the OSDB badges together. I believe it might now be at Warminster.
It is the entrance hall at the School of Infantry at Warminster or it certainly was a decade ago.
Old 02-12-22, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
It is the entrance hall at the School of Infantry at Warminster or it certainly was a decade ago.
Thanks Alan, that would make sense. I’m glad that it survives, unlike the School of Infantry. The last time I looked it had been retitled the Combined Arms School, but I’ve no idea what it might be now. Let’s hope that the badges are still there in defiance of all the changes.