British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Military Book and Media Reviews

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-04-22, 12:50 PM

Default New Book from the K.O.S.B. Regimental Museum

Gentlemen,

This a heads up on a new book publication from the King's Own Scottish Borderers Regimental Museum.

Please see the attached Flyer giving you an insight on the contents of the book, also a close up of the front cover and two page from inside the book, to illustrate the quality of the photographs within this book.

Details on how to order, your copy, are outlined at the foot of the flyer.

I can confirm that I am the author of this book, however, there is no profit in it for me. I undertook to write, take all the photographs, design and produce this book for my Regimental Museum with all sale proceeds going direct to the museum Thus, helping to maintain our museum and its regimental treasures.

Kind regards

Hiram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Book Badges Cropped45.jpg (77.6 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg New Book Badges Cropped42.jpg (76.9 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg New Book Badges Cropped43.jpg (67.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg New Book Badges Cropped44.jpg (85.6 KB, 109 views)
Old 08-04-22, 02:20 PM

All,

As the curator of the KOSB museum I would like to take this opportunity to thank Hiram for his enthusiasm and dedication in producing this excellent publication and as Hiram mentioned all proceeds of the sale will go to the Regimental Museum Fund.

I can also confirm that the new book called Badges and Insignia of the King's Own Scottish Borderers will now be going to print with an initial run of 120 copies and should be available by the end of April 2022.

We are now accepting pre orders, details on how to obtain a copy is given on Hiram's flyer.

Priced at £30.00. including postage and packing is great value.

When placing an Order please Email the museum at museum@kosb.co.uk confirming payment with name and full postal address.
All proceeds from the sale will go direct to the Museum Archive Fund.

The book will also be for sale to visitors of the Museum at £25.00. This is a must have publication especially with an interest in Regimental history and militaria.

Gerry

Last edited by Scottish Borderers; 08-04-22 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-04-22, 03:04 PM

Thank you both for the information. I'll certainly be buying a copy from the museum.

A few years back I was able to acquire a good number of badges through my sister who lives in Duns from Major Ken Fraser. (Not KOSB badges I might add). Before the deal could even be contemplated the guts of a bottle of single malt had to be consumed by them.

I'll for sure be getting the book sent by post as I wouldn't be able to take the hangover!
Mark
Old 08-04-22, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiguy View Post
Thank you both for the information. I'll certainly be buying a copy from the museum.

A few years back I was able to acquire a good number of badges through my sister who lives in Duns from Major Ken Fraser. (Not KOSB badges I might add). Before the deal could even be contemplated the guts of a bottle of single malt had to be consumed by them.

I'll for sure be getting the book sent by post as I wouldn't be able to take the hangover!
Mark
Mark,

Thanks for the Email, I am sure you will enjoy the book, incase you were unaware Maj Ken Fraser passed away just before christmas last year.

Gerry
Old 08-04-22, 03:21 PM

Default New Book from the K.O.S.B. Regimental Museum

Thank you Hiram.
I've contacted Gerry for a copy.

I have a weak spot for the KOSB since I met some veterans 40 years ago on a September evening in the "Schoonoord Café" in Oosterbeek.

Regards,
Marinus
Old 10-04-22, 07:51 PM

Hi Marinus,
That's very kind of you, all Borderers have a great respect for the people of Holland, because of the Regiments connection with Arnhem.
I first went there as a 19 year old Borderer (Driving an Armoured AFV 432) for two week on the 25th Anniversary, I will never forget how the graves of our Regiments fallen were looked after.
The whole Company were honoured to parade in out No2 dress tartans and line the infamous Arnhem bridge for the Queen of the Netherlands as she took the salute. A vivid memory of great people food and lots of beer.

PS The first night on the town we went out in civilian clothes, we were mistaken for Germans, after that it was uniform Tartan Trews accompanied by a Piper with many a sore head the next day. Happy days

Kind regards
Hiram
Old 25-05-22, 03:57 PM

Have just received my copy of Hiram's new book. It looks fantastic. All you will ever want to know about the Badges and Insignia of the King's Own Scottish Borderers.
Regards Neil
Old 02-07-22, 07:00 AM

Default Hiram's 2022 K.O.S.B. Regimental Museum book

Received my copy last Wednesday!

Marinus
Old 01-11-22, 04:14 PM

Received my copy a few days ago.
This book is superb.
The photos and details of the badges are excellent, I take my hat off to Hiram for a job well done.
Well worth a buy, and all the proceedings going to the museum, which is well worth a visit.
Cheers all

Chris