British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-09-21, 05:34 PM

Default Royal Marine Association Badges & Economy WW2

Just acquired these within a group, the Association badges have numbers on rear though one ground off? Help to get badge into buttonhole? Looks to start with a "5" ends "0" or "8" ?? This being the round one with Red border and made by Fattorini Regent Street Birmingham, the other being the Regimental badge and number is "24537", another on chain blank to rear.

Plastic Economy, how does one differentiate "Blue Black" from "Black" this looks Black but if used wouldn't the Sun bleach them to appear bluish/black? There is a vast difference in Price between a Black one and a Bluish Black? and if you cannot tell the difference poses a problem! Not that I'm selling but would like to know? and would like to see them side by side to compare? To see what it is I'm missing? Am not colour blind but this has me baffled!

Anyhow hope you enjoy these and interested to know if they could be named to someone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210914_172836-1.jpg (66.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20210914_172901-1.jpg (70.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20210914_172842-1.jpg (49.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20210914_172854-1.jpg (51.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20210914_172754-1.jpg (96.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20210914_172747-1.jpg (94.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 07-10-21, 07:10 PM

Hi Billy
The COmmando Association badge - when duplicates were sent out the numbers were ground off so impossible to match a name to it.
The RMA badge, if you had the owners membership book you would be able to match the number on the badge to his membership number but no central records survive.
Black and blue RM economy issue badges, I’m convinced the difference is caused light fading, I know some collectors get very excited about these but the records only show orders being placed for one type of badge.

It’s a really nice grouping, I saw it on eBay and thought a handful of them belonged to the same veteran, who spoke with the vendor who confirmed she had mixed two lots of badges together in the ebay lot. Shame it’s impossible to put a name to them, but the RM Commando stuff stood out.
Old 07-10-21, 10:45 PM

I thought this was all one person's and will keep together, if I can, the Economy badge was my interest but the other badges where also a main factor, I don't think I will ever understand the Colour differences but dealer's do have these as a standard? Personally think Sun bleaching!