British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-09, 11:08 AM

I cant tell the diffrence any way, all the badges I have all look good to me, I now know the 2 with gaunt with a dot are restrikes, and am beginning to think a few of the others are as well (my Welch im 99.99% certain are real) have bought a few books to help me, the best one I think is "Regimental Badges 2nd Edition Major T.J.Edwards" but is there a book that has the pictures in colour as opposed to black and white sketch's.
After looking at a few of your albums Im starting to wonder if it is best to concentrate on one regiment, would have to be the Welch, 41st's is a stunning collection, or just pile em all together in one big collection, haven't made my mind up yet, bit house bound at the moment so no rush.
In Ross-On-Wye in the centre there is a old building, (I was there last summer) that had something to do with the market a long time ago, its now a kind of a agricultural museum, well in there they have a very large collection of regimental cap badges, all set in one big frame, it was given to the museum, they were told it was made up of all the cap badges of the regiments who were based in the area in WW2, but there was a 16th Battn Welch in amongst the badges! It was on seeing this collection that I decided to start collecting.