British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-05-13, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin 17 View Post
Drawing and quartering would be far too good for them. Yes, your politicians have let the country down. Lets hope this stirs people into action. Take your country back for your selves. This attack is so disgusting.

Colin
Colin, I thought you would know better living in Ottawa to make a statement like this.

WE all need to take this opportunity to wake up. Canada is not much better, and it is only a matter of time something like this happens here. Have you forgotten about the lads who were set to blow up a VIA Rail train?

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
Old 23-05-13, 09:55 PM

I will not add anymore comments as my sentiments have already been expressed by some of you. I would just like to add my deepest sympathy and condolences to the family of Lee Rigby. RIP Fusilier.
Old 23-05-13, 10:29 PM

Absolutely tragic. I have no doubt that those responsible will get what they deserve. My deepest sentiments for the family, it's something no-one should have to experience.

However, almost more tragic are the views expressed in this thread. I certainly don't want to get into an argument about this, but it seems pretty clear this is exactly the sort of reaction from reasonable people that they were trying to provoke...

"Hate breeds hate."
Old 24-05-13, 07:44 AM

A very sad event and my deepest sympathies to those who knew him, RIP.

Jerry
Old 24-05-13, 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=Brigade Piron;214220]Absolutely tragic. I have no doubt that those responsible will get what they deserve.

The problem is........they most certainly will not!!!!!!!!!!

They are currently in an ENGLISH Hospital, receiving the best treatment at THE EXPENSE of THE BRITISH TAXPAYERS and will continue to receive this treament until they are well.

Then they will at some stage be sent for trial where some slick tongued and expensive barrister, being paid for by the legal aid system, again at THE EXPENSE of THE BRITISH TAXPAYER, will argue their case, (however they may plead guilty but will still be represented by a barrister.)

They will then be sent to a prison where they will stay at THE EXPENSE of THE BRITISH TAXPAYER.

This is most certainly NOTwhat they deserve.

I won't say anything else on this matter, certainly not in respect of what they deserve, because I do not have any great desire to be banned from this Forum.

My last point though is that I have no doubt whatsoever, that the great majority of the British public would like to see them receive what they truly deserve.

Regards
Brian
Old 24-05-13, 08:50 PM

A hideous act by a creature with an animal mentality.

I'm afraid the time has come for the silent majority to be heard as this was the last straw for me.

Rest in peace Drummer Rigby. This mark in the sand won't be forgotten.