British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-12-11, 10:32 PM

Default Royal Household Fire Service and Palace of Westminster Fire Service cap badges?

Hi guys,

Can anybody, please, give a description of or, even better, give an illustration of the cap badges worn by The Royal Household Fire Service and The Palace of Westminster Fire Service?

Many thanks in advance,

Phil
Old 25-12-11, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil2m View Post
Hi guys,

Can anybody, please, give a description of or, even better, give an illustration of the cap badges worn by The Royal Household Fire Service and The Palace of Westminster Fire Service?

Many thanks in advance,

Phil
Sorry phil, missed this one
This maybe the Royal Household FS badge. I am told it was worn at Winsor castle

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)

Last edited by engr9266; 27-01-13 at 10:09 AM.
Old 25-12-11, 10:04 AM

Phil,

I have had both of these badges in the past and can describe.

R. Household=

Home Office 8 pointed star in chrome. Superimposed as a separate badge is the Queen's crown above the EIIR in chrome on a red background.

Palace of Westminster=

Home Office 8 pointed star in chrome. Superimposed as a separate badge is the Queen's Crown above a Portcullis in gold anodised metal.

Both are the normal FB cap badge size.

Dave.
Old 25-12-11, 11:14 AM

Hello guys,

Thanks very much for your replies, The picture and written description of the Royal Household FS seem to match up. I am guessing that neither of these badges are common?

Thanks guys, have aa great day,

Phil
Old 08-01-12, 06:20 PM

i would love those badges! do you know if theres any for sale anywhere?
Old 08-01-12, 06:29 PM

Hello Firefighter999,

I intend to email both fire services, when i get the time/chance to think about what I am writing properly. I will see if they will sell or give me a couple of their badges. I would also like them in my collection. I will let you know what they say, if they reply. I may also try another tack and ask a friend of mine who is a senior officer in Essex Fire Service, to see if he has a contact.

Regards

Phil
Old 08-01-12, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Hello Firefighter999,

I intend to email both fire services, when i get the time/chance to think about what I am writing properly. I will see if they will sell or give me a couple of their badges. I would also like them in my collection. I will let you know what they say, if they reply. I may also try another tack and ask a friend of mine who is a senior officer in Essex Fire Service, to see if he has a contact.

Regards

Phil
thankyou very much, there are a few other badges im after, for e.g, Fire Service College and Fire Cadet, if there are any you are after just let me know and i will be on the look out
Old 08-01-12, 06:34 PM

No problem, I was at Bushey today, I saw a cadet fire badge on sale, it was £8.00, I ummed and ahhed and decided to leave it for now!! If I had known you were after one I would have picked it up for you. I see the dealer at every fair i go to, will get it at the next one. College badge, I am not familiar with?

Phil
Old 08-01-12, 06:38 PM

ah thats ok, not to worry, i think i might know the person you are refering too, does he have a red van? (it may sound odd if not) but he is at most shows i attend, and the fire service college and the fire service technical college (both Moreton in Marsh) had cap badges, but are now rather rare (or so i am told)
Old 08-01-12, 06:38 PM

I am after both of the attached UKAEA fire badges. I just missed these ones on Ebay.

phil

Last edited by Phil2M; 06-07-14 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-01-12, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter999 View Post
ah thats ok, not to worry, i think i might know the person you are refering too, does he have a red van? (it may sound odd if not) but he is at most shows i attend, and the fire service college and the fire service technical college (both Moreton in Marsh) had cap badges, but are now rather rare (or so i am told)
I don't know what he drives, chap has fair hair and a beard?
Old 08-01-12, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I am after both of the attached UKAEA fire badges. I just missed these ones on Ebay.

phil
ive got the new one, have also got the second but instead of patrol it says fire service, there is also that one as officers with the wreath around it, i will keep a look out for them for you, does it matter if original or restrike?
Old 08-01-12, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I don't know what he drives, chap has fair hair and a beard?
sounds like him to me :P
Old 08-01-12, 06:42 PM

Do you know what this badge is atall?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBBB.jpg (4.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 08-01-12, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter999 View Post
ive got the new one, have also got the second but instead of patrol it says fire service, there is also that one as officers with the wreath around it, i will keep a look out for them for you, does it matter if original or restrike?
I only have the officers one with a wreath. I didnt know that there was an unwreathed 'fire service' one, I will add that to the list. I didn't know that the UKAEA badges were being restruck. I would prefer original but a good quality restrike would suffice, given that they are difficult to find.

Is it okay to add you to my contacts list?

Phil