British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-12-14, 07:05 PM

Default R.W.A.F.F cap badge ( small) NEW FIND!

Hi Gents,
Found this little cap badge to the Royal West African Frontier Force in anodised aluminium. The badge is listed as CB 3306 in Chris Marsh's (Hagwalthers) excellent book " anodised aluminium: the "no bull" cap badge of the British Army".
I've not seen one before, or in print so it's another one out there to collect I guess.
I have posted a pic alongside the R.W.A.F.F large cap badge for comparison.
Apologies for the poor quality pics - the badge is made by Firmin London and has an a/a slider.
Best Regards.
Colin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_1193.jpg (67.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 101_1194.jpg (38.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 101_1195.jpg (42.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 101_1197.jpg (51.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 13-12-14, 07:51 PM

Congratulations on a good find, Colin. Looks like you have a unique example - for now!

Many thanks for sharing interesting images.

Best regards

William
Old 14-12-14, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbrits View Post
Hi Gents,
Found this little cap badge to the Royal West African Frontier Force in anodised aluminium. The badge is listed as CB 3306 in Chris Marsh's (Hagwalthers) excellent book " anodised aluminium: the "no bull" cap badge of the British Army".
I've not seen one before, or in print so it's another one out there to collect I guess.
I have posted a pic alongside the R.W.A.F.F large cap badge for comparison.
Apologies for the poor quality pics - the badge is made by Firmin London and has an a/a slider.
Best Regards.
Colin
Hi Colin,

Great badge and very thick aluminium too.

The CB No. of CB 3306 comes from the List Of Changes document , dated 31st October 1953, with change Numbers C 5549 to C 5621 documented within it. This particular badge was recorded under Change Number C 5549 where its designation note was 'INTRODUCTION'.

The larger version was allocated CB 3305 - see page 425 (and others) for more info.

This has to be the first one found and has to be rare indeed. I always considered the badge to be authorised but never produced so good to see it actually does exist.

Regards

Chris