British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-04-10, 07:55 PM

I am sorry to hear about Rays death. At one time we had a long running Q and A session about the Warrant Officer systems in the U K and USA. I hope that he is always remembered.

JOHN

Try to look unimportant- the enemy may be low on ammunition.
Old 18-04-10, 06:42 AM

I enjoyed corresponding with him. Please accept my condoleances.
btns
Old 14-05-20, 03:46 AM

I know this may seem like a really odd thread to bring up, but the odds of it showing up on my screen knocked me back a bit.

Let me tell you just a bit about me and why I'm posting here, and then it will all make sense.

I run the largest metal detecting site in Canada, and often have my members post their military items they have found in the ground in search of some ID help.

We have a few of our own resident experts on Canadian militaria (of which I'm not one), but I do enjoy the hunt for information so I often chip in to see what I can find.

One of our members found the attached button, so I set off to see what I could find.

As I was trawling through the internet I landed on this link here.....

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=8381

....I was pleased to find the information so easily, but then shock set in!

The information from Boots and Saddles gave me an eerie sensation as I noticed his avatar, and then his user name.

A quick look at his home location forced a gasp of air, and then a calming smile washed over me.

Boots and Saddles was my father-in-law Ray, and if I could have remembered how to sign back in under my old name I would have.

Amazing that after all these years of not having him around to speak to anymore, he still managed to find a way to teach me something else.

I do apologize for not coming back and thanking people in the past for their kind words, but it was quite uplifting to read them now.

I promise not to forget this user name (as it's the same one I use on my forum), but this time I've also logged my password!

Thanks again Ray for your help, and all the best to the members here.

Now that I have found this forum again, (and no objections from any of you) I shall use this as my source for help for future military finds.

All the best,

John...... The son-in-law.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canadamilitiabutton01sm.jpg (22.3 KB, 4 views)