British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-10-21, 06:32 PM

Default 17th London error badge

Recently acquired this interesting mistake. Just how this was achieved would remains a mystery to me as the die would not likely have this void unfinished....or would it?
I would doubt this particular badge would have been issued, but strange things sometimes happened.
CB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9964.JPG (91.0 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9965.JPG (105.7 KB, 63 views)
Old 22-10-21, 07:24 PM

Default Unfinished

I think that’s a Friday afternoon job I’ve seen and had Norfolk badges like this where it’s just not been finished you think the people making these would have been on piece work and just switch off got bored etc
Old 23-10-21, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuehler View Post
Recently acquired this interesting mistake. Just how this was achieved would remains a mystery to me as the die would not likely have this void unfinished....or would it?
I would doubt this particular badge would have been issued, but strange things sometimes happened.
CB
Such anomalies do crop up from time to time:

Type 4L h1.jpg Type 4L h2.jpg
Old 23-10-21, 09:48 AM

Simple enough and reasonably common thing that happened or didn't in this case either during set up of that particular operation or a number of other reasons didn't go through that one and there may have been 5 or 6 to punch the holes and around the edge of this badge before it was ready for assembly, having worked on piece work 2/3 of my working life and at the end of the chain it used to piss me off that things used to get to me and I'd either have to put them right or go in the scrap everyone else taking their money and not wanting to put their name on the card or be questioned why they have scrapped items on the op they did, it didn't always go down well with those in charge in a shop floor office or those on the carpet.