British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-06-24, 08:02 AM

Default Inniskillings, Tank Rgt, Sharpshooters

Hi all, just a few recent finds that I would wish to run past you for some thoughts please!

The Inniskillings, lugs North & South made in Bronze thinking Collar hoping it might be a Cap badge? hopefully I can put this to bed with your thoughts!

Royal Tank Rgt. Looks to be Silver, rear at least appears so but the front just looks standard and unlike any kings crown silver badges I’ve seen, what appears to be an unfinished/badly stamped “S” centre of Tank body? Maker marked.

Lastly a nice Sharpshooters sweetheart, an EBay find and pictures weren’t the best, I have cleaned it up and looks a lot better for it! I think I have seen similar badge but Larger (Cap badge size) in the County of London’s Museum in Hever Castle, THIS is what I was hoping to find! not that I am unhappy with it in any way but would have been chuffed to bits if it was similar to that badge!

What I wish to ask is to confirm this is indeed a sweetheart and not maybe for a FSC? ( wishful thinking on my part I know!)
A possible date this might be made giving the “1900-02” would it have been made just after or could this have been made in the 1940’s with this honour?

Thank you all and best I load pictures as it’s easy to forget! All the best Billy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6151.jpg (86.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6152.jpg (87.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6153.jpg (119.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6154.jpg (120.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6155.jpg (120.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6156.jpg (120.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-06-24, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

The SS sweetheart could date from any time from 1910 up to 1920 which is when the design was in use as a cap badge. The 3rd CofL Yeomanry was renamed in between the wars and reduced to an armoured car company and in 1939 wore a CLY cap badge. Your badge could have been made after 1920 of course based on the old design.

The Fusiliers is likely to be a collar as you say.
Old 09-06-24, 12:31 PM

The "Skins" is a collar as mentioned.