British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-11-20, 09:26 PM

Cool The Suffolk Regiment

I know thursdaychris has decided to collect badges to The Suffolk Regiment, but looking on ebay this evening I have waded through fifteen pages of Suffolk Regiment items, everything from badges to cigarette cards.

Most of the original items are IMO vastly overpriced, lots of fakes but where have they all come from?

Generally when I look there is about five pages to The Suffolk Regiment now we have fifteen, am I missing something?

Rob
Old 23-11-20, 07:22 AM

I have been doing a great deal of searching on eBay and through many dealers websites, and Paypal Credit probably does create a false impression of affluence on my part. All these people may be thinking that the last of the big spenders has entered the fray!
Old 23-11-20, 09:48 AM

I have taken a look at every Suffolk badge that I can find on eBay, and on every dealers website that I've been able to find, as well. This does register, somehow, because I keep getting "special offers" due to showing interest in whatever it is. However, as Rob says, the reduced price seems to be about twice what it ought to be, even assuming that it is a genuine item, in the first place !
Old 24-11-20, 07:24 AM

Time waits for no one and manufacturing continues, the result being five decades worth of rubbish, a very large percentage of it available via ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacqms View Post
I know thursdaychris has decided to collect badges to The Suffolk Regiment, but looking on ebay this evening I have waded through fifteen pages of Suffolk Regiment items, everything from badges to cigarette cards.

Most of the original items are IMO vastly overpriced, lots of fakes but where have they all come from?

Generally when I look there is about five pages to The Suffolk Regiment now we have fifteen, am I missing something?

Rob
Old 24-11-20, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Time waits for no one and manufacturing continues, the result being five decades worth of rubbish, a very large percentage of it available via ebay.

Frank, how right you are, I'm surprised some of these manufacturers have not been awarded the Queens award for industry