British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 04-04-22, 03:52 PM

Default 2 Wessex reunion

Hi all, just back from the 2 Wessex 50th anniversary (1971 to 2021) reunion at Brock Barracks, Reading last Saturday. 51 years actually as it was meant to be last year.
Brilliant day and great attendance. Apart from drinking a lot of beer I was on the look out for any rare cap badges, but alas none. Didn't see any Royal Berkshire Territorials old comrades to swap badges with!!!!!. The search continues.
Regards to all Neil
Old 05-04-22, 11:05 AM

Hi

Your post prompted me to ask if you have heard of a Major R. N. Deane, M.C. as he might have been associated with this command in the 1950s. A friend has ended up with a few items presented to him (a cigarette box and two what I think must be coasters).

If he still has them, I can photograph them for you or others who may be interested.
Old 06-04-22, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1689 View Post
Hi all, just back from the 2 Wessex 50th anniversary (1971 to 2021) reunion at Brock Barracks, Reading last Saturday. 51 years actually as it was meant to be last year.
Brilliant day and great attendance. Apart from drinking a lot of beer I was on the look out for any rare cap badges, but alas none. Didn't see any Royal Berkshire Territorials old comrades to swap badges with!!!!!. The search continues.
Regards to all Neil
Don't suppose you came across a chap with a triple barreled name who used to be the Pioneer Sgt did you?
Old 06-04-22, 09:39 AM

Yes Tom W H S complete with beard
Old 06-04-22, 09:41 AM

In reply to Dumdums message, thanks for your kind offer a bit before my time. Regards Neil
Old 06-04-22, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1689 View Post
Yes Tom W H S complete with beard
I remember Tom, when he first came to the Battalion, one of the girl soldiers declared he was ‘such a sweetie’. Thereafter known to the Isle of Wight contingent as Corporal Sweetie. Took some living down.
Old 06-04-22, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crest-insignia View Post
I remember Tom, when he first came to the Battalion, one of the girl soldiers declared he was ‘such a sweetie’. Thereafter known to the Isle of Wight contingent as Corporal Sweetie. Took some living down.
Now that is funny! Tom is currently my CO, he's come a long way from being Cpl Sweetie.........

(I promise I will not remind him of that-honest)