British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-04-23, 04:20 PM

Default WW2 44th Indian Airborne Parachutists Wings ?

Am I correct in my assumption that these wings are WW2 period 44th Indian Airborne wings ? The Parachute canopy is bullion embroidered whilst the wings are blue with black stitching. The wings themselves have a metal backing plate (covered on the rear with black felt) to which a safety pin has been rather crudely attached.

Will be offered for sale once my thoughts are confirmed.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9247.jpg (62.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9249.jpg (43.1 KB, 74 views)
Old 13-05-23, 06:03 PM

See my post and the reply regarding my uncle's para wings. Sorry I don't have any further information since the original post.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...567#post216567
Old 14-05-23, 04:39 AM

Personally not a fan of these wings with the bullion embroidery poorly applied and the safety pin looks like it was attached recently.

Paul
Old 14-05-23, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3battalion View Post
Personally not a fan of these wings with the bullion embroidery poorly applied and the safety pin looks like it was attached recently.

Paul
The wings were sold to a well known airborne collector and author on airborne insignia, he (like me), was perfectly satisfied that they are 100% genuine. The wings look quite different in the hand compared to the photograph (which doesn't do them justice)

Paul
Old 14-05-23, 10:44 AM

As long as the buyer and seller are happy then that's all that matters.

Paul
Old 14-05-23, 02:14 PM

I'm kind of curious because you're asking whether your assumption is correct about the wings and then when someone doesn't like them you say that you're "perfectly satisfied that they are 100% genuine."
Why would you ask for opinions if you believe the wings are genuine?
"Not every man can have wisdom. Stupid people have to exist too, because if everyone was wise, then there would be so much good sense in the world that every other person would be driven crazy by it."
— Josef Švejk
Old 14-05-23, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeochil View Post
I'm kind of curious because you're asking whether your assumption is correct about the wings and then when someone doesn't like them you say that you're "perfectly satisfied that they are 100% genuine."
Why would you ask for opinions if you believe the wings are genuine?
Because since posting the image for opinions the wings were confirmed as being 44th Indian Airborne (by someone from outside the forum who handled them “in the flesh”) I was never in any doubt that they were original (as I know where they originated from), I was seeking a positive ID on what pattern of wings they were . Just to clarify - I never asked whether the wings were genuine (and they are), I asked for a positive ID

Paul